Transmission selector cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, thanks! I did see the Fitzall #T74498-1A. Not sure if that is the one you used.

It looked the most promising of the bunch, but unfortunately it's not getting here until the 10th or so.

So you have to drill out the nipple on the shift lever?

View attachment 425407
Yes, use a small bit, the metal is not hard so a regular bit works fine, just grab a pack of extra small cotter pins at either the hardware store or auto parts store
I bought this pack because had a selection of small cotter pins as well as other parts that come in handy sooner or later
needa.jpg

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, thanks! I did see the Fitzall #T74498-1A. Not sure if that is the one you used.

It looked the most promising of the bunch, but unfortunately it's not getting here until the 10th or so.

So you have to drill out the nipple on the shift lever?

View attachment 425407
Yes, I used a bushing and a c-clip that I had laying around. It's been working great for years :)

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, use a small bit, the metal is not hard so a regular bit works fine, just grab a pack of extra small cotter pins at either the hardware store or auto parts store
I bought this pack because had a selection of small cotter pins as well as other parts that come in handy sooner or later
did you drill perpendicular into the nipple to make a hole for the cotter pin? Or did you drill parallel into the nipple from the back? See red lines

drillDir.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just drilled right thru the nipple, just like it shows in my photo, I would put the fittings on and a washer if you are going to use one like I did then drill.
otherwise if you drill to far back on the nipple then the cotter pin will not go thru.
shifter.JPG

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys and your nipples hahahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo