Transmission overheat now dragging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DStockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Escalade with the 6.2 and my trans got up to around 215 degrees and now when I was driving and it was cooling off it was still at around 200 and it felt like it was dragging kind of. It felt like my back breaks were kind of catching but it wasn't them. I could smell something coming from where the trans is.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
D

DStockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50k. When I parked it you could smell something burning. And now the fluid is a little dark

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
215* is a tad hot for these 6-spd's, but nothing that would cook your trans oil. How is it now?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Escalade with the 6.2 and my trans got up to around 215 degrees and now when I was driving and it was cooling off it was still at around 200 and it felt like it was dragging kind of. It felt like my back breaks were kind of catching but it wasn't them. I could smell something coming from where the trans is.

Any ideas?

Hello DStockton,

I understand it is frustrating when an issue occurs with your vehicle and you do not know what could of caused it. In the Owner Manual for the 2007 Escalade, it does state that at 50,000 miles the vehicle should have the automatic transmission fluid and filter changed (pg. 519). Also, that your should always use DEXRON®-VI Automatic Transmission Fluid.

I hope this helps,

Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
D

DStockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It runs fine now but I put it in the shop anyways. Haven't heard anything yet.

anton28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put mine through the reamer doing some heavy duty 4wheeling if you can call it that on a beach. The transmission got all weird on me and was shifting super hard and dragging like yours for about two days and then everything went back to normal. Been a few months now with zero issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts