Transfer case assembly fricka frack!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
After I got in there with a couple cans of brake clean and cleaned the entire rear half of transfer case, I can see what I thought was a pin hole and is not. I am going to look at it again in about a week. I am convinced that the output seal is not leaking.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a bit more of a hint of where to look for the pump rub pinhole, courtesy @rockola1971:

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I got in there with a couple cans of brake clean and cleaned the entire rear half of transfer case, I can see what I thought was a pin hole and is not. I am going to look at it again in about a week. I am convinced that the output seal is not leaking.
Maybe add some UV dye and check again?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just last week, I crawled under and everything was dry. No leakage so far and plan to check every week. Level ground and the "blue" fluid was right at the bottom of the fill hole. No noises recently. Crossing fingers. My other noise over bumps and undulations was a loose nut on the attaching bolt for the right rear sway bar link. Tightened both sides down and no noise. The T-case swap is on hold for now.

V327839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have removed and installed the transfer case on an 03 Burb without removing the crossmember. It’s not so bad. Just gotta turn it sideways and it drops right out.
I second this. I don’t look forward to it either, but I did it by myself on my back in the driveway. Remove the tcase mount and let it rest on the crossmember to get enough clearance for the top bolt. And get a super shorty wrench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts