Trans compatibility...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update***
3kcd installed no issues new fluid filter gasket etc. New tq converter seal (dad mentioned replacing it so I did). No leaks no hiccups. It feels so good to have gas mileage back. While I was down there I went ahead and replaced rear main seal and cover gasket. Made sense because it was pretty oily around that area and I did the oil pan gasket, along with valve covers to ensure I eliminated oil leaks. She's a clean happy girl that goes through all gears no clunking and it was a 220k trans I put in. Impressive for the miles!
Watch it closely for a few weeks. That's how long it took for the leaks to appear on our Sierra. If you make it past 2-3 weeks, you should be in the clear.

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
That 220k tranny was likely rebuilt between 100k-150k miles unless it was babied. Most 4L60E's dont make it much past 140k without a rebuild if used for towing, offroad, Extreme heat areas, maintenance not taken care of, etc.
I would believe that. All the research I've done agrees with you. There was some clutch material in the pan when I swapped fluid and filter but I expected that. It shifts really smooth. Some light slippage once in a while but it does the job until I 4l80 swap it. One day.

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
Watch it closely for a few weeks. That's how long it took for the leaks to appear on our Sierra. If you make it past 2-3 weeks, you should be in the clear.
I have been and it's been 1800 miles now no leaks! I think I did a pretty good job on it!

OP
OP
Evildmanarc

Evildmanarc

Reaction score
Sorry! That was no dig at you. Mostly annoyance that I had to deal with it. :-(
Oh no offense taken the im sure the exclamation points were off putting it was more excitement than anything. Feels nice doing it right the first time and having no issues so far. Where did your leaks end up coming from?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no offense taken the im sure the exclamation points were off putting it was more excitement than anything. Feels nice doing it right the first time and having no issues so far. Where did your leaks end up coming from?
Transmission and transfer case, if I remember correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo