Trading in the 09 Denali...Denali, Yukon SLT or Tahoe LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's always about what you can afford, or he wouldn't be asking the question.

Well apparently not. He could afford the Denali, but bought the LTZ.

Sometimes the added cost of the Denali just isn't worth it to certain people... even if they can afford it.

OP
OP
J

jeremyp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK guys, Here are the pics...some I just ripped from the dealer's site before they deleted it. The last two were taken before it was detailed and the center caps installed.

20141103_163937_zps2b8d0b67.jpg

20141102_135326_zps406d88b7.jpg

9506895267_zpsf9f71530.jpg

20141102_135316_zps850ac292.jpg

20141102_135303_zps629ad41f.jpg

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well apparently not. He could afford the Denali, but bought the LTZ.

Sometimes the added cost of the Denali just isn't worth it to certain people... even if they can afford it.

It's not worth a debate, because it's always about money when people shop the price of extra equipment. Otherwise we would all be buying Escalade Platinums.
Not like it's a bad thing, but be honest for Christ sake.
Read my post to Jeremy. I offered my advice, and you are still defensive of your 5.3l purchase. Be happy, you have a sharp rig.

"Afford" has a different definition for different people. Some can afford the extra payment cost over 5 years, and others consider "afford" as the ability to cut a check and pay in full upon delivery.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Awesome colors Jeremy, congrats and enjoy it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeremyp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. George C & Olyelr, you're both right on this one. Money wasn't the issue at all. When I started looking into the 2015s when they first came out I was set on buying another Denali. However, when I started to look into them in detail I realized that the things that I really wanted were now in the SLT and Tahoe LTZ so I expanded my search. I really wanted a reason to spend the extra money for the Denali but the added features weren't things that I cared about enough to justify the added cost this time around. Last time they were.

I will say this...if I had been able to find time this month to make it out to Laura GMC I probably would have bought a Denali just because the cost difference would have been so damn close. Regardless, I'm really happy with my decision to go with the LTZ.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My purchase was more power and transmission oriented for my needs and expectations for such a large and heavy vehicle.
Power train components tend to be a resale advantage, and that is the cost equalizer.

Sounds like everyone's happy, and that's the goal.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice purchase, Jeremy! :Handshake: I love those wheels that came on it too. Pretty clean. I think think GM did a good job with their OEM wheel offering for this new generation.

SRT8_HMI

Reaction score
After another day living at dealerships, I finally pulled the trigger on a Tahoe LTZ. I even called Laura GMC but after figuring in 2 days for travel back and forth and expenses, never mind the added hassle of having a trade I figured it was worth paying more locally. Besides, my schedule this month is pretty hectic so I'm not sure when I could actually make the trip.

My new LTZ is White Diamond Tricoat with cocoa/dune interior. It has the sun, entertainment, destination pkg, power retractable side steps, max trailering pkg, 20" chrome wheels, cargo shade and rear cargo mat. Sticker was $69,670 and I got it for $62,283 (invoice minus advertising and other add ons) and the dealer gave me $1500 more for my Denali than any other dealer in my area.

The deal I got was actually from the first dealer I went to. I just spent several days trying to beat it and other than Laura GMC, I couldn't. I look at it as time well spent because at least I have peace of mind knowing I got a good deal on the model I wanted, in the color I wanted with the options I wanted. Thanks to all of you for the replies...they were all very helpful.

JP

You did great on the price. 10.6% off MSRP is right at employee pricing. Laura would have been no better.

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. My wife's has the same exterior /interior combo. Pics just don't do that color justice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts