Trading in the 09 Denali...Denali, Yukon SLT or Tahoe LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jeremyp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, guys. It is extremely helpful. To clarify my position, yes, I can afford the Denali but if I do buy one, it has to be worth it to me. I'm going to look at some more LTZs, SLTs and Denalis today and start the process of narrowing it down. I'm pretty sure that I'm leaning towards the LTZ or Denali but I'll take another look at the SLT while I'm there.

One thing I'm definitely going to do is check the residual value of the Denali vs the others. That's an excellent point. I will say this, I feel that the new generation is a homerun. I really like the looks, the standard equipment is vastly improved and the quality of the interior materials is so much better in the new models. And yes, I guess the significantly higher prices can account for that. LOL Regardless, I'm very impressed!

One more question...I live in NH but my company is based out of IL and I was told by some coworkers about Laura GMC and even seen their name thrown around here too. Have any of you bought a vehicle from them while living a pretty far distance from them? The pricing they have on their website is just insane and may justify a flight to my home office and either drive it home or pay to have it shipped. Any feedback on this idea?

JP

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's an entire thread about Laura and the buying experience. In a nutshell, a lot of people are flying there to save $$$ and having a great experience. It's worth it if your dealer won't get within $3K of their prices, IMO.

I recently flew from Colorado Springs to Dallas for a used car. Cost me around $500 in expenses and a full day of travel, but was totally worth it to get the exact car I wanted and at a price I couldn't get in anywhere near me.

Last edited:

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, Laura GMC wont ship though.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am flying up to Laura tomorrow to pick up a Denali. They were about $3,500 better than a local dealer... but the practical effect in my situation is that I am getting 4WD for free and 22 inch wheels at half price (compared to what I ordered from a nearby dealer).

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The big difference is the 8 speed, which is not available with the 5.3l
I am sure that any 6 speed Denalis are priced to move, but you are buying old power train components.

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was in the same boat and went with ltz. power train and optional hud are the differences in denali.

Another factor was gmc dealers in my area unwilling to discount at all and opting out of employee pricing.

OP
OP
J

jeremyp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After another day living at dealerships, I finally pulled the trigger on a Tahoe LTZ. I even called Laura GMC but after figuring in 2 days for travel back and forth and expenses, never mind the added hassle of having a trade I figured it was worth paying more locally. Besides, my schedule this month is pretty hectic so I'm not sure when I could actually make the trip.

My new LTZ is White Diamond Tricoat with cocoa/dune interior. It has the sun, entertainment, destination pkg, power retractable side steps, max trailering pkg, 20" chrome wheels, cargo shade and rear cargo mat. Sticker was $69,670 and I got it for $62,283 (invoice minus advertising and other add ons) and the dealer gave me $1500 more for my Denali than any other dealer in my area.

The deal I got was actually from the first dealer I went to. I just spent several days trying to beat it and other than Laura GMC, I couldn't. I look at it as time well spent because at least I have peace of mind knowing I got a good deal on the model I wanted, in the color I wanted with the options I wanted. Thanks to all of you for the replies...they were all very helpful.

JP

Last edited:

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great deal, congrats!

JWAustinVTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice!!! Exact ride I have minus power steps. we specifically looked for the white diamond

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts