Traded in tha hoe, suburban build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually trade because, at least in Iowa, you do not pay tax on the trade in portion. In this case if you could get (throwing numbers out) $17K on trade and you buy a $30k vehicle you only pay tax on $13k vs. $30k. So you would pay an additional $1190 in taxes if you sold outright and bought the vehicle outright.
Yeah...^^^^.....wut he said

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually trade because, at least in Iowa, you do not pay tax on the trade in portion. In this case if you could get (throwing numbers out) $17K on trade and you buy a $30k vehicle you only pay tax on $13k vs. $30k. So you would pay an additional $1190 in taxes if you sold outright and bought the vehicle outright.
In Mo, if you sell to an individual and make a purchase within 30 days we get the same tax break. Don't have to do a trade-in in order to get that.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Mo, if you sell to an individual and make a purchase within 30 days we get the same tax break. Don't have to do a trade-in in order to get that.
That would be nice if we could do it that way. Usually I save enough that it is worth just getting the deal done by trading in.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No sales tax in Oregon. It makes it easier to decide. I've bought vehicles from CA and WA and didn't have to pay tax.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Also... did you pull my roof rack or let it go with the truck???

Do you need my address? I will be glad to cover the shipping charges... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaninOK