Traction control question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Press once
Damn I had a spin out today don't know what happened was able to take control of the Tahoe but was making a left turn and I had TC off only and tow turned on and the truck decided to do a 180. It was raining too so obviously I need to keep TC turned on. I don't know why it did that!

Over the past week I have learned that when traction control is off and Stalitrak is off and tow is on I feel like the truck is much quicker but after this morning scare I don't think I'll mess with TC or ST unless I can find somewhere where how to use it etc etc

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I had a spin out today don't know what happened was able to take control of the Tahoe but was making a left turn and I had TC off only and tow turned on and the truck decided to do a 180. It was raining too so obviously I need to keep TC turned on. I don't know why it did that!

Over the past week I have learned that when traction control is off and Stalitrak is off and tow is on I feel like the truck is much quicker but after this morning scare I don't think I'll mess with TC or ST unless I can find somewhere where how to use it etc etc
Honestly for me, traction control and more importantly StabiliTrak do way more harm than good. Stabilitrak is probably the reason you spun out. With my ABS fuse pulled, I can drive my 1,000hp Denali in the snow with NO problems. Good tires make a huge difference but I've NEVER spun out, even when nailing it around a corner or WOT coming out of a U turn.

*I'm guessing StabiliTrak activated causing one of your tires to lock up and brake making the situation way worse than it needed to be...

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly for me, traction control and more importantly StabiliTrak do way more harm than good. Stabilitrak is probably the reason you spun out. With my ABS fuse pulled, I can drive my 1,000hp Denali in the snow with NO problems. Good tires make a huge difference but I've NEVER spun out, even when nailing it around a corner or WOT coming out of a U turn.

*I'm guessing StabiliTrak activated causing one of your tires to lock up and brake making the situation way worse than it needed to be...
My truck is under warranty, is this a bad idea to pull the fuse ? I could see it from a auto accident stand point the person with a disbked abs system sounds like something to get sued over ya know? Idk I'm in So Cal and it rarely rains, I'm sure it's my fault being a turd and turning off traction control and not also StabilTrak.

I had just dropped the kids off and was headed to Woodland hills CA to work and thought to my self with all these damn popping BMWs and trashcats driving I thought it would be fun because I did notice last night that when I turn off TC&ST & turn on tow haul it feels like the truck has 500HP lol honestly I don't know what the difference feels like but theirs some serious torque and ur thrown in the seats when you stomp on the gas pedal

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

By turning OFF both of the electronic nannies, and taking off (guessing with a hard throttle poke) in the rain, while turning the wheel, you basically recreated the scenario of a vehicle with a true posi-rearend/spool. Since there was no electronic braking, your G80 locked the inside wheel to the same speed as your outside wheel. The reason 90% of vehicles have open differentials is to avoid the situation you encountered.

This is how you do donuts. The wet road just made it much easier to break traction.

Tow mode holds the shiftpoints to higher RPMs, so it's going to "feel" quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14