Traction control question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
read inside the box at the bottom of the window, mouse is on etc injector disable. its part of tc. im still learning all this thing can do. there might be another file in spark.

View attachment 191407
That is only a small part of the traction control system unfortunately. The brakes being applied is the most intrusive part of the system and the only way to completely disable stabilitrak is to pull the fuse.

*Also, after some testing with my new Blizzak snow tires, I find my truck stops better without the ABS anyways. Also handles in the snow better in general with no computers interfering.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where my yukon is at now (power wise), the traction control doesn't cut in bad enough to drive me crazy and/or just turn it off every time I get in.
Normal driving for me is still fairly spirited and I can count on one hand the times I've laid into it and traction control completely kills power. If I pull up to a light and plan on getting on it I'll just turn it off with the button tho

Ive been looking for your post, @randeez, about trac control .... couldn’t remember where it was... glad you saw this

Off topic in some other thread I'm sure :lol:

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had a ton of power and wanted the car to be somewhat safe if my kid or wife drove it, could I put in a switch that would basically do the same thing as pulling that fuse? Kinda let the abs and traction control stuff work when they drive it but I can switch it off when I want?

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had a ton of power and wanted the car to be somewhat safe if my kid or wife drove it, could I put in a switch that would basically do the same thing as pulling that fuse? Kinda let the abs and traction control stuff work when they drive it but I can switch it off when I want?
It's certainly possible but you'd have to make sure the wiring and the switch itself can support 40amps. Honestly I wouldn't hesitate letting the wife drive without the driving aids. Even in icy conditions I've never had a problem but I'm AWD. Are you AWD, 4X4 or RWD?

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's certainly possible but you'd have to make sure the wiring and the switch itself can support 40amps. Honestly I wouldn't hesitate letting the wife drive without the driving aids. Even in icy conditions I've never had a problem but I'm AWD. Are you AWD, 4X4 or RWD?

RWD police version.

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run a relay and switch I guess. Wouldn't be all that hard but IMO the brakes being applied by Stabilitrak is more dangerous...

I guess I haven't experienced the stabilitrak yet. What do I have to do to get it to engage?

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I haven't experienced the stabilitrak yet. What do I have to do to get it to engage?
Do you have snow in your area? Honestly, I don't even know if the PPV (Police) truck has it or not... You might only have traction control. You would know if it engaged. It would be easy to test in the rain too. You can hear the brakes being applied and what sounds like a spring being pulled (best way I can describe it right now lol)

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have snow in your area? Honestly, I don't even know if the PPV (Police) truck has it or not... You might only have traction control. You would know if it engaged. It would be easy to test in the rain too. You can hear the brakes being applied and what sounds like a spring being pulled (best way I can describe it right now lol)

We get snow every once in a while. Abq NM. It has both, I can turn them off with the button

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518