Traction control question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the traction control work just as good with power adders? Say if one was to install a supercharger or turbo would it regulate tire slippage and keep you from roasting the tires off?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leaving tc on wont make it faster off the line if thats what your after.

turbo is likely more street able for normal driving, where the sc will give pretty instant power if you nail it hard.

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
leaving tc on wont make it faster off the line if thats what your after.

turbo is likely more street able for normal driving, where the sc will give pretty instant power if you nail it hard.

I was just more curious how it works. If it's on and you have 900hp for example, does it cut down on fuel flow or something else?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it pulls timing, then its got no balls, even at 900 hp.

i just bought a hp tuners, first thing i did was deleted traction control 100%.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You delete traction control or do you mean torque management?

There's a vid in a thread a few posts down of my truck- cam stall headers, even with traction button off-off (turn off, hold for about 10 sec and turns stabilitrac/traction off) it still interrupts for the first 50' or so.
It also uses braking to control wheel spin, I burnt threw set of rear pads pretty quick

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me chime in here... PULL THE ABS FUSE!!! Don't run Stabilitrak or Traction control in my opinion/experience. My 07 LSA Yukon Denali is making 650hp or so and 800hp goals for summer with a new short bock and more boost/interchiller. I can tell you that you do not want any electronics interfering when your driving one of these trucks modded with that much power. Stabilitrak just plain sucks... In addition to pulling timing (engine power) it applies brakes which can be dangerous in certain circumstances in winter. I had the same problem with my Trailblazer SS trucks I had back in the day. With snow tires and the ABS fuse pulled, my AWD Denali is a beast in the snow. It was almost not drivable with the electronics.

As for @Scottydoggs response to "delete" traction control using HP Tuners, I don't think that is possible and he must be confusing traction control with Torque Management which is a whole other animal. I removed most of my torque management but left 15% in for certain situations. HP Tuners does not have an option to remove traction control to my knowledge...

***Also, if you leave the ABS fuse installed, holding the traction control button to shut off stabilitrak doesn't even shut it off completely. It will still pull timing reducing engine power, that is why I just pull the fuse.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
/\ Where were you 2 min ago :lol:

You know which fuse to pull? Next run at track I want to remove it- abs-2 fuse?

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
/\ Where were you 2 min ago :lol:

You know which fuse to pull? Next run at track I want to remove it? abs-2 fuse?
It's a green 40 amp fuse on my truck. I think is was ABS-1, I can check in a few... You don't need to pull the HD 60amp ABS fuse

*Only downside is the dash lights but I could care less... I have a guy locally that does custom BCM programming and I can get rid of that crap later.

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/in...ategory_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
read inside the box at the bottom of the window, mouse is on etc injector disable. its part of tc. im still learning all this thing can do. there might be another file in spark.

traction control disable..jpg

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14