Totaled 05 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshuasvt

Reaction score
Two Friday's ago I lost my old friend. A lady in a Pilot pulled out in front of me as I was doing 50mph on the highway. Her lane was at a dead stop. Pushed the radiator, condenser and core into the engine. Couldn't be repaired so I found an 05 Tahoe with 50k less miles and in great shape. I'll miss that truck but excited for a new adventure....at least I know now what to look forward to maintenance wise lol...

20180831_114348.jpg 20180831_115946.jpg SQI2QT5WKBWREE4FFYEDW555WU-600.jpg

OP
OP
Joshuasvt

Joshuasvt

Reaction score
List of work I've recently done to the yukon.

Hubs
Brakes-Power Stop drilled and slotted
End links
Bilstein 5100's
Z71 Springs
Water pump
Belts and tensioner
Plugs
Front and rear AC solenoid things
Rebuilt the dash gushes
Head lights
Front marker lights
Amber LED daytime running lights
Raptor Lined the truck in Jeep Anvil color
Rebuilt front diff
Replaced warped exhaust manifold
Steering wheel buttons
Headlight switch

I'm tempted to watch the auction site to see if I can get it back for the suspension and brakes alone lol

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If her Lane was at a dead stop why were you still doing 50? Seems to me if you didn't rear end her it would have been the vehicle in front of her.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read it as, OP was in adjacent to the stopped lane going 50

yeah me too...

Two Friday's ago I lost my old friend. A lady in a Pilot pulled out in front of me as I was doing 50mph on the highway. Her lane was at a dead stop. Pushed the radiator, condenser and core into the engine. Couldn't be repaired so I found an 05 Tahoe with 50k less miles and in great shape. I'll miss that truck but excited for a new adventure....at least I know now what to look forward to maintenance wise lol...

OP
OP
Joshuasvt

Joshuasvt

Reaction score
There were 4 lanes. Lane 3 was stopped and lanes 1, 2, and 4 were clear. I was in lane 2 and the other driver pulled out of lane 3 into lane 2 without warning or leaving room for me to slow down.
I didn't buy it back and part it out because I simply don't have the time or energy to mess with it.
It was a sucky situation. Both myself and the other driver are at fault. I should have slowed down because I drive that road every day and people shoot out in front of me all the time, and she should have not been in such a rush to exit her lane. Such is life.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were 4 lanes. Lane 3 was stopped and lanes 1, 2, and 4 were clear. I was in lane 2 and the other driver pulled out of lane 3 into lane 2 without warning or leaving room for me to slow down.
I didn't buy it back and part it out because I simply don't have the time or energy to mess with it.
It was a sucky situation. Both myself and the other driver are at fault. I should have slowed down because I drive that road every day and people shoot out in front of me all the time, and she should have not been in such a rush to exit her lane. Such is life.
That’s really sucky man! Sorry you had to deal wth it! And sucks that your insurance puts you at fault for her careless mistake..... but at least your safe!

OP
OP
Joshuasvt

Joshuasvt

Reaction score
That’s really sucky man! Sorry you had to deal wth it! And sucks that your insurance puts you at fault for her careless mistake..... but at least your safe!

Thanks man. The insurance hasn't decided fault yet. My insurance (USAA) is going to bat for me. Honestly though, either way it goes I'm just glad nobody was injured

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63