05 Tahoe or 09 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Gotcha, no AWD so it’s not the Denali trim, so it doesn’t have the 6.2L motor without AFM. If it’s the base 2WD Yukon, it’s equipped with a 295hp/305tq 4.8L without AFM. All other SLE/SLT trims get a 5.3 w/ 320hp/335tq but this motor DOES have AFM., The 4.8L keeps the 4SP Auto but the 6.2L & 5.3L get the newer 6SP Auto in 2009.

It would be good to drive the 05 & 09 so you could feel the changes between the NBS & NNBS chassis, especially if both trucks had the same engine and trans combos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jungle Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Condition above all else. Given you are on L.I, I would think there would be a pretty decent selection of trucksters nearby. The trick I would think would be finding one with no corrosion as I would way rather have a competently repaired wrecked 900 from the Sunbelt than a vehicle with corrosion.

Even the years with stupid issues generally have a pretty good workaround so should a better maintained 07-08 present, again that would be the direction I would go. Actually ended up with a 2007 Denali that way and 5000 miles later and my biggest complaint thus far is my Shell bill.
Best of luck with your search.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the 09 is a Denali, absolutely the 09. The 09 is the best year for a multitude of reasons but the Denali will have the 6.2L without AFM.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hey Jester, anything good from the trucks you were looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Jester1023

Jester1023

Reaction score
Still on the Hunt sorry I have not posted in a bit still searching I looked at the 09 Yukon it was at a dealer they just wanted too much for it for a vehicle that was just ok!I did have a couple of prospects my buddy still has the 05 LS my true Love is a Z71!if I were going to go with that year or 06 it would have to be at least A Z71.I was going to look at a 05 Z71 last weekend which looked to be in decent shape from the PICS,the mileage was listed at 136k but once I got the carfax back the odometer was rolled in 2019 so right away that was a red flag! t the real mileage would have been 186k if the odometer was never rolled.My same buddy that has the LS and whom I bought the Yukon from has an 05 Z71 that I may be looking at soon!I need to find out the gears I assume its the 3:42's.i'm not thrilled about the gearing as I really prefer higher gearing I don't plan on doing any towing but I do want to run at least 33's as I love the stance of them on my Yukon.

My Friend says the body is mint on it which is a plus.Its fully loaded,hes just working through the mechanical side of it right now taking care of anything that needs to be done,I'm not sold on the color as I already have a white Yukon I wanted to maybe go with another color but if its that mint I'll go with it!not many choice colors to go with to be choosy I prefer the silvermist after having white,black is gorgeous after first cleaning it but it gets dirty way too quick!I know it will be mechanically good to go once he's done with it thats the one benefit of getting something from a friend especially this guy he won't sell anything after its done unless he is willing to keep and drive it himself.

It will be about another month or so till he goes through it completley so I have some time its not like I'm without a vehicle right now I think its at 140k and for me he will probably be looking to get about 6-7K I'm thinking!he tells me the truck was very well kept two tone leather Brown on Tan I'll have to take a look at it when I get a chance if I'm going to get something though I will get something through him or at least someone I know you really can't trust what people are selling.

The Rig I was going to look at last weekend may have been fine but after seeing that carfax it just put up too many red flags

I'll keep you posted I think I'm going to concentrate on The NBS's I really love the look of the Z71's so thats where my focus is right now just being patient and getting what I really want I prefer a different color but I'm not going to be picky if the vehicle checks all the other boxes I'm hoping for higher gearing but I doubt its going to have them getting 4:10's from the factory in the 05/06's were a rare find!

This should probably be moved to 2000-2006 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade as thats where I am going to be focusing just not sure how to get it moved!

Last edited:

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
starting in 07 they got a rack and pinion.
before that it was the steering gear box.

IMO, it's a world of difference in the way it drives/feels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut