tore apart the ole Govbomb 10bolt today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought trutrac was a lifetime warranty as long as you keep the tire size below a 33 and have it installed by a pro.

I am not hating on clutches but they wear out, BUT they can be rebuilt. I like knowing I do not have to mess with mine. Many lifted guys who are mainly street run these with great feedback.

As for the synthetic oil, you need something that is marked for a limited slip. The true trac is teh exact opposite, normal oil instead of synthetic or it can be noisy since it is gear driven.

All in all it should be a goo set up! what size tires do you run?

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I hear ya. On randys ringand pinion, there were a few bad reviews on the trutrac :/

But nevertheless, well see what happens lol.

No clue on the tire size off hand. need to look at it, just 16inch rims lol

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need additive for the clutches but not sure on the gear driven ones ...

Lifetime warranty on the gears?? Did you type that right?? LOL

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yes lifetime on the gears.. i thought it was worth it. They said i could run the rearend dry with no oil and then send in to get new gears.. no questions asked..

I picked up lucas synthetic oil last month, i hope itll work with the new diff??

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

the more ive been reading on the "duragrip" the more pissed im getting about it. Im going to call in the morning, cancel the duracrap, then just order a Truetrac. seen some nasty pictures of that duracrap thing already. Those Aholes at Randys charged me shipping too. bastards. They said if i spend over 200 its free shipping.. spent 900 and sum bucks and still charged me shipping..

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
EDIT>>>>>>> bought the trutrac.. itll be here friday, getting it rebuilt this weekend.. goddamn this took for every...

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
My buddy and i were too busy to do anything this weekend, so tomorrow were hoping to get it done. Tonight i tore it all down and got it ready for tomorrow. Had another buddy press all the bearings on the Diff and pinion. (no charge :))

My old g80 must of been taking a beating. The ring was pretty beat up and the diff didnt look good inside at all. The gears were very shiny and something was really going to blow up with some boost next to it. Glad im rebuilding it now. Everything will be replaced besides the Yoke and axle shafts. Kinda debating about the yoke, but well see what happens.

I threw in some pictures of the 5inch drop in the front :D and the little cnotch in the rear.

Emptyyyy

hmmmm

how low can you goo

****** govbomb to the truetrac :D

Master rebuild kit, real time saver

last but not least the 4.56ssssss

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice!!! I may have to put a re-gear on my list of mods to do in the future seeing those 4.56's :drool:

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
yay! a diff rebuild!
but one that will actually last because the guy putting it in knows what he is doing :emotions122: