Top or bottom?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Solo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quic question....would it be easier to drop the engine and trans from the bottom or pull it out up top?
Im leaning towards dropping out from the bottom cuz it looks like there's more room and easier. But I would like some insight on what you guys think. Let me know bro

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
it ain't coming out the bottom, unless you are cutting it out.
ER... That title though :gayfight:
Yep, the thread title made me look twice. NO, the engine is not coming out of the bottom. If you try to remove both from the top, bolted together, then get all the grill and radiator and condenser and other coolers out of the way.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its easier to just yank the front bumper, core support, radiator, grill, etc out and pull the engine right out the front. Try it! I guarantee you will like it! It doesnt take long at all to pull the front down with air tools.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its easier to just yank the front bumper, core support, radiator, grill, etc out and pull the engine right out the front. Try it! I guarantee you will like it! It doesnt take long at all to pull the front down with air tools.

I'd only do that if the trans HAD to come out with the engine. Otherwise, removing the accessories and unbolting the bellhousing to separate the trans lets the engine come right out the top. I turned mine sideways and it cleared even with the mounts in place. Just had the rad fans out.

With removing the core support, can the A/C condenser be left connected?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd only do that if the trans HAD to come out with the engine. Otherwise, removing the accessories and unbolting the bellhousing to separate the trans lets the engine come right out the top. I turned mine sideways and it cleared even with the mounts in place. Just had the rad fans out.

With removing the core support, can the A/C condenser be left connected?
Yup just lay condenser off to the side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA