Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you lord baby jesus you finally covered that chrome up lol

Where did you find the mystical unicorn rear cubby?
I heard once the rear audio is removed it messes up the main controls. Certain years? Just bose?
I have Bose and removing mine didn't mess anything up.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I talked to the mechanic today. He thinks he has it narrowed down between the throttle body or the gas pedal setup. He says the scanner shows no correlation between the two and something about the throttle being off 15%. I don't remember exactly what he said as I was working while we were talking. He thinks a new throttle body will fix my issue. I hope he's right. He won't be able to do it until next week sometime, my gf needs it back. I'll keep you guys posted.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I talked to the mechanic today. He thinks he has it narrowed down between the throttle body or the gas pedal setup. He says the scanner shows no correlation between the two and something about the throttle being off 15%. I don't remember exactly what he said as I was working while we were talking. He thinks a new throttle body will fix my issue. I hope he's right. He won't be able to do it until next week sometime, my gf needs it back. I'll keep you guys posted.
Interesting since a TB swap takes about 15 minutes.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Interesting since a TB swap takes about 15 minutes.
Yeah, he was leaving early today and the parts store wouldn't have it in stock until Tuesday. He said the book allows 1 hr to do the swap, and he and his boss didn't charge me to diagnose the issue so I feel I owe it to them to pay for the swap. Sometimes you just have to do that. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24