Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've been forgetting to update my build thread. I had my trans go out. I only had 1St and 2nd gear only. Had a guy rebuild my trans. First he told me 2-3 days--2 1/2 weeks later I get it back. Shift kit, vette servo, Kevlar bands, etc, etc and I don't notice anything. Doesn't feel right, exhaust doesn't even sound the same to me. It feels like a stock motor to me! A gutless, noisy truck! Trans guy put the scanner on, and the tps is getting 0.0 volts. Of course he's never seen that before, and it shouldn't even be running. I'm at a loss. View attachment 84863
I replaced the pigtail to correct the reduced engine power issue. So now I need to save some $$ and bring it to someone who knows what they're doing, and it's not gonna be cheap!
I still think it's something the trans guy did. Makes me wonder what went on in that 2 1/2 weeks. He must have been having trouble. And when someone's having trouble with what they're working on, way too often they mess something else up because they're too focused on their problem to notice the other mistakes they're making. I bet he messed up a wiring harness or something.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I still think it's something the trans guy did. Makes me wonder what went on in that 2 1/2 weeks. He must have been having trouble. And when someone's having trouble with what they're working on, way too often they mess something else up because they're too focused on their problem to notice the other mistakes they're making. I bet he messed up a wiring harness or something.
@rockola1971 suggested the same thing. I checked that tax module on the firewall like he mentioned but I wasn't able to get under it to check out the bellhousing to see if I saw any harnesses pinched. I tried looking from the top but it was kind of tight to really see much. When he wiggled the pigtail around with the scanner on, the volts numbers started registering. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner like that.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First easy and free things to check would be the TAC module. Pull the harness plugs to it and inspect for pushed pins. If the harness was stretched it could have pulled the pins in the plugs backwards and out of the plug enough to cause intermittent connection problems. Check your plug up at the TPS for same condition. If nothing there then I would ohm out the wires from tac module to TPS. Have someone wiggle the harness as you measure continuity from end to end of each wire. Find the one that changes values in resistance and then you have located which wire is bad. Then decide are you going to try to find the break in that wire or just replace it from plug (TPS) to plug (TAC).
You should measure somewhere around 5 ohms from end to end. Ohmeter will goto infinite when you find the bad wire and it is wiggled just right or you will see values jump from 5 ohms all the way up to substantially higher numbers.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to update.
I bought some cheapo ugly 22's just for the tires. 2 are almost new, they're Falkens, SCORE! I paid $100. Can't beat that. I was experiencing shaking at around 60 MPH and above with my old setup, so I decided to swap out my fronts for the chrome wheels, just to see if my shaking would get better. It's almost gone. I'd say 95% is gone. Definitely not like OEM, but so much better. I've had my old set balanced twice with no improvement. My next step is to just swap out my old tires for the Falkens and cross my fingers that it fixes my shaking permanently. IMAG2621.jpgThe rims are definitely 20 footers, but they def stopped my shaking issue. IMAG2582.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to update.
I bought some cheapo ugly 22's just for the tires. 2 are almost new, they're Falkens, SCORE! I paid $100. Can't beat that. I was experiencing shaking at around 60 MPH and above with my old setup, so I decided to swap out my fronts for the chrome wheels, just to see if my shaking would get better. It's almost gone. I'd say 95% is gone. Definitely not like OEM, but so much better. I've had my old set balanced twice with no improvement. My next step is to just swap out my old tires for the Falkens and cross my fingers that it fixes my shaking permanently. View attachment 85534The rims are definitely 20 footers, but they def stopped my shaking issue. View attachment 85535
Now if you could just fix your speeding up issue. Is it still slow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24

Latest posts