Tonny's 2001 Tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Making good money in the detail world is hard to learn for sure. I’m like you I want to give everyone the best. Despite payments. Lol. I had to learn to charge more for my work and stick to my guns. Lol. Yeah my build thread is here:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/chases-2006-xl-denali-build.84562/
all 252 pages of it hahaha.
Haha yes I really had (and sometimes you have) that. I'm to good for this world haha. But it's getting better, and the feedback is always good, so making a name for myself first and investing, and it's just hard work because common people think you can do a full wash and a 10 step polish in 2 hours haha. But I'm getting a little harder and in my area there are a lack of detailers and carcleaners so without even making any advertisements I still have to say no a lot, so that is good and you afford a no from a customer as well.

Oef that's almost a book. But took a quick look already. You have the XL version. But couldn't find out how your interior looks. You just use the large trunk or did you remove any seats or something?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yes I really had (and sometimes you have) that. I'm to good for this world haha. But it's getting better, and the feedback is always good, so making a name for myself first and investing, and it's just hard work because common people think you can do a full wash and a 10 step polish in 2 hours haha. But I'm getting a little harder and in my area there are a lack of detailers and carcleaners so without even making any advertisements I still have to say no a lot, so that is good and you afford a no from a customer as well.

Oef that's almost a book. But took a quick look already. You have the XL version. But couldn't find out how your interior looks. You just use the large trunk or did you remove any seats or something?
Yeah when you’re good at what you do the work just flows in. Lol. I hate it when customers are like oh so you can do a 30 minute wash?! I’m like no that’s the cheap car wash in town.... :eek:
yeah it’s a long one for sure. There’s some interior stuff I’ve done this year. But nothing really special for a work setup. Just have everything in storage totes. And then I have a pressure washer, a shop vac, and a blower that go in along side my gear all in the tail gate area. Usually my third row seat stays in the truck but I’ve had it out a few times to make room for extra gear when needed. I’ll be picking up a moderate sized air compressor soon to keep on hand to be able to properly blow dry all the water out of the all the nooks and crannies. Lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys! Very busy lately. This afternoon my college and I finished the interior part as far a planned for now. It came out really great! Most credits go to my college though! :D

View attachment 228256

View attachment 228257

View attachment 228258
View attachment 228259

View attachment 228260

Next up is maintenance and chasing the noise. Also would love to detail the rest of the car. Everything at it's time :)
Man that interior work is awesome. It’s nice to hear from you guys on the other side of the pond. The LPG conversion sounds cool. Looking forward to updates as you go on.

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah when you’re good at what you do the work just flows in. Lol. I hate it when customers are like oh so you can do a 30 minute wash?! I’m like no that’s the cheap car wash in town.... :eek:
yeah it’s a long one for sure. There’s some interior stuff I’ve done this year. But nothing really special for a work setup. Just have everything in storage totes. And then I have a pressure washer, a shop vac, and a blower that go in along side my gear all in the tail gate area. Usually my third row seat stays in the truck but I’ve had it out a few times to make room for extra gear when needed. I’ll be picking up a moderate sized air compressor soon to keep on hand to be able to properly blow dry all the water out of the all the nooks and crannies. Lol.
aah, sounds nice, so you only work on location I can imagine? I always surprise myself how much gear I need to take with me. I've had a 10 x 4,5 m unit last year, where I did my work. But I couldn't find the flow there alone so it was hard work for poor money. But with age we learn. Last months I only had a storage unit and since this month I got rid of my storage unit and got everything at home. But most of the time I choose locations that have a pressure washer and air, but a month ago I also decided to sell my 400v 200liter compressor and now have a 70 liter low noise compressor with a max off 2250 watt with 260 liter netto air per minute, and the Tornador I use half of time and this compressor is the like minimum air per minute I need. Pretty stocked about this machine, but a little to heavy to get in my Chevy on my own..

IMG_5620.JPEG
Man that interior work is awesome. It’s nice to hear from you guys on the other side of the pond. The LPG conversion sounds cool. Looking forward to updates as you go on.
Thanks man, still very happy with that and planning to also make like the part against the partition nice and tailored. I've vacation now and a lot I want to do, and I've some stuff that has more priority, new tires for example. LPG conversion is cool in the way you drive very cheap compared to gasonline. Though I decided to remove the LPG conversion because the
evaporator is to small for the engine, and second of all you've some power-loss driving on LPG. Third: The first 5.3 Vortec engines until the bi-fuel facelift don't have hardened valves and will eventually destroy the valves and head. And since I know this engine only ran like 70000 kilometers on gas, and I just went over 300.000 kilometers. So if I quit driving LPG, what will be twice more expensive at the pump. But I'm going to drive less, want all the power for the most fun (People in the Netherlands often don't except this American thing to be as fast as it is already off factory, so I'm very excited what the tune and the little engine updates will do!

You've got some sick rides I see, will check your topics also :) Thanks for your reply, and when Corona gets better, I hope to go to America again one time soon! Got a cousin living there.. That's where the will love with American cars started, he let me drive his 2008 Suburban all the time, had an amazing time!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aah, sounds nice, so you only work on location I can imagine? I always surprise myself how much gear I need to take with me. I've had a 10 x 4,5 m unit last year, where I did my work. But I couldn't find the flow there alone so it was hard work for poor money. But with age we learn. Last months I only had a storage unit and since this month I got rid of my storage unit and got everything at home. But most of the time I choose locations that have a pressure washer and air, but a month ago I also decided to sell my 400v 200liter compressor and now have a 70 liter low noise compressor with a max off 2250 watt with 260 liter netto air per minute, and the Tornador I use half of time and this compressor is the like minimum air per minute I need. Pretty stocked about this machine, but a little to heavy to get in my Chevy on my own..

View attachment 266139

Thanks man, still very happy with that and planning to also make like the part against the partition nice and tailored. I've vacation now and a lot I want to do, and I've some stuff that has more priority, new tires for example. LPG conversion is cool in the way you drive very cheap compared to gasonline. Though I decided to remove the LPG conversion because the
evaporator is to small for the engine, and second of all you've some power-loss driving on LPG. Third: The first 5.3 Vortec engines until the bi-fuel facelift don't have hardened valves and will eventually destroy the valves and head. And since I know this engine only ran like 70000 kilometers on gas, and I just went over 300.000 kilometers. So if I quit driving LPG, what will be twice more expensive at the pump. But I'm going to drive less, want all the power for the most fun (People in the Netherlands often don't except this American thing to be as fast as it is already off factory, so I'm very excited what the tune and the little engine updates will do!

You've got some sick rides I see, will check your topics also :) Thanks for your reply, and when Corona gets better, I hope to go to America again one time soon! Got a cousin living there.. That's where the will love with American cars started, he let me drive his 2008 Suburban all the time, had an amazing time!
Yeah, my 02 Denali would be a big hit over there. It’s got a Whipple supercharger, cam, headers, built trans, Wilwood 16” brakes, etc. My build thread on that one is something like 300 pages. My Silverado is bagged and bodydropped on a custom tube frame. I’ll definately be watching your build. Nice work so far.

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my 02 Denali would be a big hit over there. It’s got a Whipple supercharger, cam, headers, built trans, Wilwood 16” brakes, etc. My build thread on that one is something like 300 pages. My Silverado is bagged and bodydropped on a custom tube frame. I’ll definately be watching your build. Nice work so far.
Gees man, it would indeed, I only dream about it haha. Reminds me of a yt channel called High PSI tv who has or had a supercharger cammed, headers, a built 4l60e (which is quite unusual) Tahoe. You prolly have a l80? Well some sick builds, will definitely start ready yours as well!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gees man, it would indeed, I only dream about it haha. Reminds me of a yt channel called High PSI tv who has or had a supercharger cammed, headers, a built 4l60e (which is quite unusual) Tahoe. You prolly have a l80? Well some sick builds, will definitely start ready yours as well!
No mines a Level 3 4l60 rated for 800 hp from these guys www.Performabuilt.com. My transfer case makes it hard to do the 4l80 conversion.

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No mines a Level 3 4l60 rated for 800 hp from these guys www.Performabuilt.com. My transfer case makes it hard to do the 4l80 conversion.
Gees what a gearbox. It's almost worth buying one would the transmission ever die. You guys in America have something for everything! If my transmission ever dies, I will just buy a new one from there, let it only be a 1 series haha. Already busy reading your thread, audio wise it's different also from a Tahoe... not at your supercharger yet haha

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice interior work. excited to see the titan wheels installed. They come with an aggressive offset and they ride good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts