To buy 2012 GMC XL SLT or wait for new models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been watching and waiting for new update for GMC Yukon Xl to arrive; dealer has a 2012 on the lot that has been sitting. Loaded and 20 inch rims. Any thoughts, buy or wait to see? Dealer wants 52,500.

Any information would be appreciated, be awhile since I have been a GM owner.

Thanks

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much of their value would a used 2012-2013 NNBS lose once the N3BS comes out?........

A guesstimate?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hard to say...it will be a while before the new body style releases. We haven't even seen what it fully looks like yet, just spy shots.

If you like the Yukon your dealer has, I say go for it. At least you will have a very new trade-in if you like the 2014s and want one later. But the 2014s as with any first iteration of a new thing will most likely have issues/bugs/kinks that will be worked out in later year models.

If it were me I'd get the 2012 since it is very well priced, loaded, very new, and has many great features. I'd be cautious about getting a 2014 as soon as they release because if I recall correctly, the 2007s had many issues when they first arrived.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to say...it will be a while before the new body style releases. We haven't even seen what it fully looks like yet, just spy shots.

If you like the Yukon your dealer has, I say go for it. At least you will have a very new trade-in if you like the 2014s and want one later. But the 2014s as with any first iteration of a new thing will most likely have issues/bugs/kinks that will be worked out in later year models.

If it were me I'd get the 2012 since it is very well priced, loaded, very new, and has many great features. I'd be cautious about getting a 2014 as soon as they release because if I recall correctly, the 2007s had many issues when they first arrived.

+1!! If you like it, then go for it.

OP
OP
jac1304

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, waiting for new body style is getting old, but I have waited this long whats another 6 to 12 months. Anyone heard time line for new body style?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia