Tire Selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
but is it really that big of a deal to use worse tires? whats the downside?

i always figured that cheaper tires are just a cheaper replacement down the road, especially if the general consensus is taht any tire can go flat just as easily.

I live in sunny flat FL, just a fyi if that matters

There is a lot more to tires than just worrying about them going flat. The problem with ****** tires is that they get LOUD and ride rough, not to mention they don’t last nearly as long and have inferior wet and dry traction. You can also end up paying more money in the long run because you might have to change out the tires at 20K miles vs. 40K miles like you would with a good tire. So then you are paying for tires twice. For you living in Florida, you probably don’t have to worry about traction as much as I would. But you do have to consider tire noise on those freeways which gets pretty bad with ****** rubber.

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Any one ever heard of the brand "Clear"? I never heard of them until the wheel dealer installed them on mine.

Typical roadside nasty rim shops intall rubbish tire brands like the Clear (see the beginning of the thread). Those tires are cheap as shit, and loud as hell.
From a different view, I can get 4 Pirelli 26" tires for $600 (dealer hookup), so that pretty much means your Clears are worth $200 total, if that.

OP
OP
H

homie1515

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and went with KMC slides in gloss black and 305/35/24 Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Couldnt be happier with ride quality and noise generated from tires.

Thanks for all the help.

NolaTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good call post pics when u can. Did you have to lift it to fit the 305's? I have the 285s and they rub pretty good

jdix

Reaction score
I ran nittos on my avalanche and they were quiet, smooth, and lasted around 45K miles. I will probably go with the 420s on my Tahoe once I decide on rims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401