Tire Selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NolaTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i paid 2k for my tires which is pretty ridiculous and that was a deal for them lol.....my buddy has the nitto 420's they are good tires

macky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the nitto 420s, they ride nice but i think they are a little loud, but i have nothing to compare them to, but stock so... ive had khumo ecstas on my old x5 and hated them. most people in my town use the pirellis

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Pirelli's are trash they wear out after like 15k miles.
They do ride smooth though.

OP
OP
H

homie1515

Reaction score
nola whats your drop? it seems our setups will be very similar and i like the height of your car and if you say its stock ill be happy to end up saving a couple hundred and instead of getting the 420s mayb switch to grapplers which will look nice and aggressive since the car wont be dropped and covering the tires.

i do not have a z71 though lol

NolaTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nola whats your drop? it seems our setups will be very similar and i like the height of your car and if you say its stock ill be happy to end up saving a couple hundred and instead of getting the 420s mayb switch to grapplers which will look nice and aggressive since the car wont be dropped and covering the tires.

i do not have a z71 though lol

I am at stock height my grapplers are awesome ive always had nittos on all my trucks to me the grapplers are not loud but i have always had tires like that so i really dont have anything to compare them to but if your willing to spend the money they are a great tire and a completely different look than any other... i know cooper tires makes an all terrain looking tire i think its the zeon ltz but i don't know much about cooper all i know its a good bit cheaper than the grappler

OP
OP
H

homie1515

Reaction score
ya i def think i may forget the drop and go with the aggressive grappler look that you have. and i feel like maybe ill have more sense of security driving over pot holes n such.

hows the drive with stock height and 24's? i was going to drop it but was told that im basically gonna have a equal driving experiance as im having now (major shakes on even the newest roads)

NolaTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i def think i may forget the drop and go with the aggressive grappler look that you have. and i feel like maybe ill have more sense of security driving over pot holes n such.

hows the drive with stock height and 24's? i was going to drop it but was told that im basically gonna have a equal driving experiance as im having now (major shakes on even the newest roads)

I never had a drop so I wouldnt no what to compare it to but it rides fine to me definitely different than when i had stock wheels on there but not that bad

alvilino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone on here recommended rims4less.com. They seem to have decent pricing.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Another option of a pretty decent tire are the General Grabber. Decent price and a quality tire from my experience. I am running Nitto's now and I am very happy, but if you are looking for a decent cheaper tire aI would check out the Grabbers.

Great place to buy tires is www.discounttiredirect.com. You get wholesale prices tax free with free shipping.

I would also recommend going 295/35 R24.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts