Tire Recommendations PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I have searched for answers on here and others but have yet to find more current posts. Everything seems to be a few years old. I have an 05 Denali XL with the factory 20" option. I am looking to purchase new tires this spring/summer. I live in Indiana where we get plenty of snow. I am looking for recommendations on tires to use. It will be offroad very seldomly, so no A/T tires please. I need excellent traction and performance, long tread life, and minimal road noise. Goodyear does not fit any of these categories, so please do not suggest them. I have interest in the Alenza H/L and the Michelin LTX M/S. I am having a hard time choking down the prices of them, but am willing to spend the extra if it is necessary, which I am sure it will be. I am just looking for some input and advice on experiences. And please, make them personal experiences, not your buddy's truck that you drove that one time. :happy3:

Truck is bone stock for now, just picked it up and getting started. :)

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything Michelin I have ever driven or owned have been great. That's what I would choose

04whitetahoe

TYF PLUS!(tm)
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey TJ,

I just put on some Continental CrossContact LX20 275/55 R20s on my Tahoe (and except for a bit of rubbing when backing) I'm very happy with the ride, the tire specs and they are very quiet.

6 year / 70,000 tread wear warranty

They have a "flanged lower sidewall to help reduce the possibility of curb damage to expensive wheels" that I really like to keep the rims off the curb.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ith+EcoPlus+Technology&partnum=755SR0CCLX20XL

I paid $164/tire at America's Tire.

I replaced the Michelin Latitude Tour P265-70R 17s I had on it and the new tires are quieter than the Michelins.

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moose912

Moose912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you to all who have given input so far. I am eager to begin working on the truck once the weather breaks and the money starts rolling in..

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
ive had goodyear ls2 tires and bridgestone duellers and ns all sport and nexen and decenti and pirelli scorpion and cooper zeon ltz and some hankooks out of all of these i loved the smoothness of the BRIDGESTONES. they were great in the snow and on pavement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401