All Weather Tire Recommendations.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerrouss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello gang,
I’m on the fence in choosing between these 2 highly reviewed and recommended tires. We have a 2016 Yukon Denali with the 22’’ and the one tire store, the service guy doesn’t recommend the Michelin CrossClimate2 for full size vehicles. So I’m also considering the PIRELLI SCORPION WEATHERACTIVE which is another excellent reviewed and recommended tire. Does anyone here drive these tires? Thank in advance for info

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put a set of 285/45R22 Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2’s on the wife’s ‘19 Escalade ESV. They ride really nice and so far perform really well in rain and light snow. So far it’s been a similar driving experience to the original Defender LTX M/S which were hard to beat.

slupie

Reaction score
I run the Continental CrossContact LX25 in 285/45-R22, have had them on for the past 46K miles, they are quiet, wear very well and handle great in dry, wet and snow. From other memebers experiences the Michelin Defenders LTX are an excelent choice also but I have not had them on any of my vehicles so I cant speak of their performance personally.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pirelli’s never run the miles they advertise, then when you try to claim warranty, they say “we will give you 10% off a new set of Pirelli’s only”

Big whoop…I’ll stick with Michelin. Every set I’ve ever had went at least 90% of the distance with proper care….

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello gang,
I’m on the fence in choosing between these 2 highly reviewed and recommended tires. We have a 2016 Yukon Denali with the 22’’ and the one tire store, the service guy doesn’t recommend the Michelin CrossClimate2 for full size vehicles. So I’m also considering the PIRELLI SCORPION WEATHERACTIVE which is another excellent reviewed and recommended tire. Does anyone here drive these tires? Thank in advance for info
Michelin's website recommends the CrossClimate 2s and two others for your truck.

Defenders here. So far, they've gone everywhere our KO2s went and are fantastic in the rain.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michelin Defenders LTX here. Totally satisfied with them, and they handle anything that the NH winters have thrown at them.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
I put Defenders on a couple months ago based on the winter driving reviews, but after seeing how well they've done on dry roads and in the rain, I'm most likely keeping them on all year round

OP
OP
Jerrouss

Jerrouss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We had Michelin LTX on are previous Yukon and they’re not to good in winter weather, I ended up putting winter tires on. That was 11 years ago before All Weather, so now we’re putting All weather only. Thanks everyone

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello gang,
Any of the Michelin XLT or LXT or LTX variants would be my recommendation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts