Recommendations for quiet muffler for custom exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a flow fx 4x9 muffler that's pretty tame

How long is it? (That's what she said)

These elliptical ("oval") straight-through packed mufflers are all about the same width and height. It's the body length that gives us reference as to how loud it'll be. Generally, the 22" will be like stock, 18" will be a few notches louder (but still mild), the 14" louder still, etc.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long is it? (That's what she said)

These elliptical ("oval") straight-through packed mufflers are all about the same width and height. It's the body length that gives us reference as to how loud it'll be. Generally, the 22" will be like stock, 18" will be a few notches louder (but still mild), the 14" louder still, etc.
14" just a low rumble only loud on open throttle

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
14" just a low rumble only loud on open throttle

That's the characteristics I like about these mufflers. Calm when you want it calm, proportionately loud when appropriate. The scale of volume is determined simply by the length. Although subjective, I believe the sound itself compliments these types of vehicles. Best bang for the buck, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan