Tire pressure monitor error and fob not working at the same time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So is it accessed from under the vehicle or is it accessed from taking off some of the interior molding. Also is there a way to try and reset this module? Can I do what I have seen on YouTube where I disconnect the battery and short the neg and pos cables together for 10 min. Would that do any good or does that mess stuff up.

You have to remove interior panels to access it. Removing the cables and shorting them together won't hurt anything but also probably not necessary. Just disconnect the positive and then turn the key to the on position for a few minutes, it will accomplish the same thing. You are essentially just draining any residual power from capacitors in the modules.

I doubt that it will fix anything, but it doesn't cost anything to try. Just be sure you turn key off before reinstalling the battery cable.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is it accessed from under the vehicle or is it accessed from taking off some of the interior molding. Also is there a way to try and reset this module? Can I do what I have seen on YouTube where I disconnect the battery and short the neg and pos cables together for 10 min. Would that do any good or does that mess stuff up.
The RCDLR module is under the D-pillar speaker on the driver's side and a new one must be programmed to the vehicle.

To get at it, you pull down the upper trim panel in the rear door and then pop the little cover off the D-pillar to get at the 7mm screw and then gently pry it out. Of course there are some wires attached to it for the speaker.

1689231952488.png

It's number 1 in the picture.

5StarG3neral

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this issue a few months ago and thought it was the RCDLR. Replaced it with a new one, still no communication to it.

Turned out to be some broken wiring going through the drivers side door jam that supplied that module with power. My mechanic just ran a new power wire back to it and reprogrammed the new module and it worked. I would suggest getting the wiring checked as well if you've tried replacing the module already.

OP
OP
O

oldskier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this issue a few months ago and thought it was the RCDLR. Replaced it with a new one, still no communication to it.

Turned out to be some broken wiring going through the drivers side door jam that supplied that module with power. My mechanic just ran a new power wire back to it and reprogrammed the new module and it worked. I would suggest getting the wiring checked as well if you've tried replacing the module already.
Thanks I will probably check it with a meter to make sure it has 12v going to it before I bring it in. How much did it end up costing you. Did you replace the part or your mechanic?

5StarG3neral

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks I will probably check it with a meter to make sure it has 12v going to it before I bring it in. How much did it end up costing you. Did you replace the part or your mechanic?
Got the part from rockauto. I believe it was something to the tune of 50 to 60$.

He charged me $100 TO diagnose and run a new power wire

tgwhit12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t know how to link a post, but if you can search for my 1st post from June 12th of this year titled “Long time lurker…”, you may find it helpful.

ADDED BY MOD: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ds-to-pick-your-brains-on-my-13-tahoe.142134/
You can simply copy and paste the http address of the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo