Key fob not working like it did in the past..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
My fobs have been working fine in the past years operating the locks from a hundred or more feet away.. In the past 6 months they seem to only work within 15 feet or less sometime not at all.

Both batteries have been replaced and that didn't help at all.

Is this a programing issue or do I need to replace both fobs or something else?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt it's programming.

Since it's both remotes, maybe the module or antenna/connection is bad?
RFA.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fobs have been working fine in the past years operating the locks from a hundred or more feet away.. In the past 6 months they seem to only work within 15 feet or less sometime not at all.

Did you recently tint the windows? Would be good to see if there are any internal codes or this. RCDLRs do fail but not often. New ones must be programmed to the vehicle. A used one, if the donor is optioned the same, ought to be plug and play.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score

I got one of those new key fobs from boost auto and it works from within my house and outside from a easy hundred feet
Check em out

OP
OP
Tozan

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Did you recently tint the windows? Would be good to see if there are any internal codes or this. RCDLRs do fail but not often. New ones must be programmed to the vehicle. A used one, if the donor is optioned the same, ought to be plug and play.
no new tinting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar