Throttle Body Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some of the intakes are a tiny bit larger and allow a tiny bit more air in that's about the jist of it, some may be built with better components, perhaps react faster. the bottom line it's probably not really going to benefit much without additional performance parts and tuning. Personally I don't have a silver spoon so I sometimes take baby steps buying slightly better parts or more performance rated a little at a time as I can afford it. I would love to have a supercharger but just can't see dropping 10K for one, but maybe if I peace-meal it together then one day I might have one.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some of the intakes are a tiny bit larger and allow a tiny bit more air in that's about the jist of it, some may be built with better components, perhaps react faster. the bottom line it's probably not really going to benefit much without additional performance parts and tuning. Personally I don't have a silver spoon so I sometimes take baby steps buying slightly better parts or more performance rated a little at a time as I can afford it. I would love to have a supercharger but just can't see dropping 10K for one, but maybe if I peace-meal it together then one day I might have one.

Got it. I did some research and it looks like the OE unit is made by Hitachi. After discount at Advance I can get one for $185.00 which seems like a pretty decent deal. As far as performance, I wish it had more HP but it's got 265k on it so I think that ship has sailed on this engine.
Again, thank for all you guys input it really helps all us who don't have the knowledge you all have. It saves lots of time, money and frustration!

Cheers,
Tim

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Got it. I did some research and it looks like the OE unit is made by Hitachi. After discount at Advance I can get one for $185.00 which seems like a pretty decent deal. As far as performance, I wish it had more HP but it's got 265k on it so I think that ship has sailed on this engine.
Again, thank for all you guys input it really helps all us who don't have the knowledge you all have. It saves lots of time, money and frustration!

Cheers,
Tim

Get after it and make sure you come back to comment on how it went. That's the real life info that can be very helpful to the next guy.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheers,
Tim
you should be able to find it cheaper, check rockauto/ebay/amazon if anyone beats them let us know

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Whichever one you decide on, if the iac is good, hold onto it. I couldn't find an iac seperately in any parts stores. Dealer doesn't sell them and they wanted to sell me a complete tb assembly.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's an LS3 (I think) TB for sale in the classifieds here. I don't know the compatibility, but wanted to mention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts