Those with big wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
So let me get this right, the TPS can be used on other rims it is not something permanently connected to the OEM wheels?

The sensors are a part of the OEM valve stems and are not permanently installed.

Yeah it can be connected to any set of wheels, its a seperate device from the wheel!

Actually, not all wheels are TPMS compatible due to way the sensor mounts in the wheel. I had to add this option when ordering my wheels.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Additional sensors have become much cheaper in the last year so buying another set instead of swapping isn't a bad idea. I have ran into fitment issues with some wheels so keep that in mind when looking, most shops won't check and damage the sensor when installing them on an incompatible wheel.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Dub Bomber's the sensor is mounted on the inside of the wheel. The sensor is a silver color. There is also a regular (chrome) stem on the lip so you can put in air.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
so youhave to put it in the wheel???? like between tire and inside rim??????

The one's I had were part of the valve stem like this...

tpms2.jpg

onebadrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang i really dont feel like going to the tire shop and getting these put in and he charge me an ass load for mounting and balancing these ******* again... being that they look like the go inside the rim...

REAL TEXAS TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang i really dont feel like going to the tire shop and getting these put in and he charge me an ass load for mounting and balancing these ******* again... being that they look like the go inside the rim...

Me either, but for the peice of mind it will be worth it for me.

jee123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get them!!! it s nice when you start your truck and it lets you know that a tire is low!!!i had a big ol nail in my back passenger no way i would have known till i was riding on rim..lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts