Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s4cruiser

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a Yukon Denali with the Duramax for GM supplier pricing. Who knows how long / when it gets picked up. I’ll update here whenever I get them from the dealer. Excited but also cautiously optimistic.

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sharing a data point. Took delivery of a 23 Tahoe Premier Duramax on 9/28. It was a cancelled order take-over that I found in-transit. Had to wait an entire two weeks. It only has electric cruise but is has enhanced display/alert and sunroof. Paid over MSRP for the privilege, but they did the same on my trade-in.

Firstgeer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sharing a data point. Took delivery of a 23 Tahoe Premier Duramax on 9/28. It was a cancelled order take-over that I found in-transit. Had to wait an entire two weeks. It only has electric cruise but is has enhanced display/alert and sunroof. Paid over MSRP for the privilege, but they did the same on my trade-in.
Can you please share how to check in-transit and figured out it had been canceled?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you please share how to check in-transit and figured out it had been canceled?

check Chevy / GMC website by searching inventory...on dealer lot/ in transit will populate as a description on each vehicle..

will have to contact the dealer to see if it's available...sounds like poster stumbled across one...answer is always no if you don't ask

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's mostly luck... Use your preferred search engine to find inventory, look for where it says in-transit. Email every dealer with a listing and ask if any of the in-transit inventory is available, and if not, can they keep your information and contact you in the case of a cancellation. It helps if you have a prior relationship with the dealer, they are more likely to hook up repeat customers.

Having just searched exhaustively, I can tell you that 5.3L are easy to find, even at supplier or better. As long as you will take a white one. Anything with the 6.2L or 3.0L is another story, even if you find one, you will have to pay a markup.

Last edited:

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's mostly luck... Use your preferred search engine to find inventory, look for where it says in-transit. Email every dealer with a listing and ask if any of the in-transit inventory is available, and if not, can they keep your information and contact you in the case of a cancellation. It helps if you have a prior relationship with the dealer, they are more likely to hook up repeat customers.

Having just searched exhaustively, I can tell you that 5.3L are easy to find, even at supplier or better. As long as you will take a white one. Anything with the 6.2L or 3.0L are another story, even if you find one, you will have to pay a markup.
Yep - looked at a Suburban this weekend. It's unaccounted for and sitting on the dealer lot... but it has the 5.3L. It's tempting because we're 7 months in and have nothing, but I know long term I'd regret it. Hopefully our diesel order can get picked up and if not by next spring, I'll throw in the towel and figure out something else.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - looked at a Suburban this weekend. It's unaccounted for and sitting on the dealer lot... but it has the 5.3L. It's tempting because we're 7 months in and have nothing, but I know long term I'd regret it. Hopefully our diesel order can get picked up and if not by next spring, I'll throw in the towel and figure out something else.
I have both the 5.3 Suburban and 6.2 Denali (both 21's) I think my 5.3 Suburban performs wonderfully. Really cant tell much difference when driving the little one with the 6.2 to be honest. I get the diesel is a different animal but I would not hesitate to grab a 5.3 versus waiting and overpaying for a 6.2 Just my opinion.

I have a 23 Suburban High Country that has been produced and hopefully will be delivered in the next 2 weeks. Unfortunately the 5.3 is not available in the High Country.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any need for more "stuff" than the LS comes with, so living with the 5.3 vs spending an extra $15k to get the 6.2....no brainer, the small engine is fine.

Besides if I want to go fast, I can hop in my old Chevys, they scoot pretty good (they have old big blocks in them)

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me it's was more about the lifter and pushrod issues with the 5.3L -- Way to many reports of almost new vehicles getting stranded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts