Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkay51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The reason you’ll get an Ultimate vs all the other orders is because GM will make the most profit on those.
In the bigger scope yes. However given the chaos I went through when I had a 2021 High Country Tahoe, I get a far bigger discount and there’s credits from GM Canada with my case.

TaholyRoller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Yukon was really nice, not that the z71 isnt either but why did u trade in already?
Ultimately, I kinda settled for the Yukon when I got it last year. The z71 was always the preference but I couldnt find one, especially for MSRP and a nearby dealership with no mark-up called me on the Yukon so I jumped on it. 10 months later, I decided I'd rather have what I want, placed the order and here it is.

Financially, it worked out pretty well. I traded in for 2k over what I paid after a 13 months and 10k miles, not a bad deal get paid to drive a 70k car for a year. z71 retailed for a few K more than the Yukon but nothing significant.

The Yukon was/is super nice, but style wise they just profile more like a Buick with all the chrome and the leather piping and the ride height/stance. I wanted something a little more sporty and aggressive. Will look to do a level, black OEM 20s and 33s in the near future.

TaholyRoller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd agree to an extent for sure...car buyer buying from a new car dealer at a $5-8k markup and then trying to make another $5k is fading away...the normal consumer that isn't really trying to flip it, but think of it as trading sooner, may be around for a little while longer...I'd look at it from two different situations - both of which are favorable IMO.

1) Drive whatever you bought for 6-9-12 months and then sell/trade at a price point equal to or higher than what you paid for it

2) Drive whatever you bought for 6-9-12 months and then sell/trade at a price point equal to or higher than the replacement cost of the same vehicle you're driving

both are atypical of the normal car market, first one you're likely to have to shell out some for sales taxes but still likely to come out ahead while the second is flat out gaining equity (for those that financed) and really driving down the cost of owning/driving per mile... while you get a new vehicle with warranty

After ordering an identical 2023 Z71 tahoe, I'm watching how our 22 Z71 is trending with its trade in value...right now it's $5k over what we paid and $3k over what the new one will cost. Even if the value of the 22 is even or a little less than the 2023, we'll be happy...

now the optics aren't ideal, but optics aren't paying the bills
yes essentially this. Doing the same thing right now with my wife's car to swap to their PHEV variant. If you can buy from a dealer that won't sell over MSRP, the trade values right now support at least a break-even on retail so we'll likely get 7500 miles and a model year newer for little to no out of pocket cost. Crazy times, but for once in a lifetime cars have been an appreciating asset so we're just riding the wave lol.

DurtyKurty

Reaction score
Doesn't look like any Duramax's are being built yet. Wonder how long that will take before they start getting picked up

cjlewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know when you can get the window sticker? GM is saying I'm at 3800 (Order Produced); however I'm checking with the dealer now.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said GM would not accept a Denali order last week because of no 6.2 or Duramax availabilty.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like any Duramax's are being built yet. Wonder how long that will take before they start getting picked up

I see 31 Duramax's in-transit right now. Ignore the '22 in the upper LH corner. This is a search for '23's using the URL trick.

000060.jpg

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last update from my dealer was that Duramax constraint had lightened slightly, I think from 15% to 20%. So still very few getting picked up.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd agree to an extent for sure...car buyer buying from a new car dealer at a $5-8k markup and then trying to make another $5k is fading away...the normal consumer that isn't really trying to flip it, but think of it as trading sooner, may be around for a little while longer...I'd look at it from two different situations - both of which are favorable IMO.

1) Drive whatever you bought for 6-9-12 months and then sell/trade at a price point equal to or higher than what you paid for it

2) Drive whatever you bought for 6-9-12 months and then sell/trade at a price point equal to or higher than the replacement cost of the same vehicle you're driving

both are atypical of the normal car market, first one you're likely to have to shell out some for sales taxes but still likely to come out ahead while the second is flat out gaining equity (for those that financed) and really driving down the cost of owning/driving per mile... while you get a new vehicle with warranty

After ordering an identical 2023 Z71 tahoe, I'm watching how our 22 Z71 is trending with its trade in value...right now it's $5k over what we paid and $3k over what the new one will cost. Even if the value of the 22 is even or a little less than the 2023, we'll be happy...

now the optics aren't ideal, but optics aren't paying the bills
Are you using something like KBB trade in value or do you have access to auction wholesale values?

KBB tends to be way optimistic.

While this isn't a GM SUV forum:

You can see how Granger Ford has enough allocations for F150s to start stocking up dealer inventory (not retail customer orders) and they offer 3% below invoice.

I think the car market is going to change quickly in the next 6 months to the point where we start seeing dealer inventory sit on lots. Once that happens, we can kiss the sky high trade in values good bye.

I also think the full size SUV market is going to get hit harder than the pickup market. The 1/2 ton pickup market is matured. All the major players Ford, Ram, Chevy/GMC, and Toyota have all made their updates and it's just a matter of increasing the production of the existing lineup.

The full size SUV market is still in a phase of introducing competitors that didn't really exist 6 months ago like the Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L while Toyota ramps up production of the Sequoia that was long forgotten. I'm not here to debate whether those are better or not than GM offerings, but the fact that we're adding to the lineup of full size SUVs instead of solely increasing production of an existing lineup is additional pressure on the segment.

Last edited:

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad i sold my primary vehicle in June in preparation for my Escalade. Possibly a little early but i rather be safe than sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts