This is Big News - HP Tuners GM Global B E99 ECM & T93 TCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's happening....

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those components in our SUV’s? I can’t keep straight all the letter/number combos of ECM’s as well as which belongs to which year…

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21+ SUVs use the Global B Architecture. The fact that Hp Tuners has cracked it is encouraging for the aftermarket industry as it likely means there will be a DFM delete kit for the 21+ SUVs.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit expensive at around $2000 to send in your ECM and TCM for an upgrade so they can be tuned which I’m sure costs additional, but pretty impressive since everybody said it couldn’t be done.

OP
OP
CMoore711

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit expensive at around $2000 to send in your ECM and TCM for an upgrade so they can be tuned which I’m sure costs additional, but pretty impressive since everybody said it couldn’t be done.

Agreed. $2,000 is a pretty expensive price tag to pay just for the ability to tune and mod. That being said I think that is still cheaper than the $3,200 fee on Whipple's website for the "PCM Unlock/Flash tool" that I believe is a service provided by a company called Trifecta(?) mentioned in another thread; And they don't touch the TCM.

One thing that is new to the 2021+ platform than previous generations are the OTA software updates and the many threads on here of some owners experiencing various issues with that process. I have no idea if any of the OTA software updates would have perimeters that affect the ECM/TCM; I would like to think any ECM/TCM update or reflash would have to happen at an authorized dealer and not OTA, but who knows. Wondering if having an unlocked PCM/TCM has any impact on the OTA software updates that get pushed out? I guess only time will tell if that may or may not be an issue?

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if having an unlocked PCM/TCM has any impact on the OTA software updates that get pushed out?

I'd think it'd be similar to what happens when you jailbreak or mod your phone. Usually when you do, you lose the right / option to even get OTA updates. You're right though, we'll have to wait and see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper