This ain’t right, is it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might not have it then. not a bad thing really. i hate traction control.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with the rotor rubbing something. By rotor, this includes the emergency/parking brake stuff on the inside. The way the sound is on and off tells me your rotor is bent/warped. Pull the rotor off to inspect the E/P brake components and get the rotor checked for runout and have it turned (resurfaced) if it's within spec. Otherwise replace it. You really should put fresh pads on there if you have them resurfaced. I recommend doing both sides to ensure equilateral braking.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The way the sound is on and off tells me your rotor is bent/warped. Pull the rotor off to inspect the E/P brake components and get the rotor checked for runout and have it turned (resurfaced) if it's within spec.

Check the back side of the rotor and make sure the mating surface to the hub is clean. It sounds to me like something is making contact once every round or so, indicating a warped or mis-mated rotor.

Russ Conners

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same intermittent sounds and it turned out to be the front wheel bearing hub. Ended up replacing both. That will cause the play in steering, tire wear, and intermittent brake noise like a train track sound when the bearing is off or sticking when it is going bad. Noise will vary with wheel temperature and after cornering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700