Is it GM or the dealer calling the tire flat spot fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you go from needing people to willing to drop tens of thousands of white collar people at the drop of a hat?
Part of the thousands of jobs GM wants eliminated are the engineers that design these trucks for looks, dependability and safety.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hire new at lower salaries. Of course, it takes years for them to get up to speed which is great for quality!

rswaug

Reaction score
You probably read my story in a different thread on this forum... we have nearly the same story, but I decided to have an independent shop (good friend works there) take care of the warranty directly through Michelin. As far as why the dealer would be so hesitant to just take care of it the first time - I am becoming increasingly convinced that dealers are incentivized to avoid as much warranty work as possible. In another thread someone mentioned that they learned the service advisor at their dealership was on a vacation in Hawaii because his dealership had one of the lowest warranty claim rates in the country - vacation sponsored by GM. If it's an issue they have to fix, i.e. failed lifters then they don't have any "baby steps" they can take and hope you don't come back. In the case of the tires, for both you and I they did a basic spin balance - added some weights and sent us on our way hoping that we wouldn't come back.
GM doesn’t incentivize dealers to not do warranty work. Dealers do however get graded on areas that are excessive expenses in terms of warranty repair costs, as well as efficiency in finishing warranty claims. Dealers are actually empowered to go above and beyond where there’s a legitimate reason. Things like doing a repair multiple times or using excessive parts to do a repair limit the dealer’s ability to self authorize borderline issues and thus have to rely on a GM rep.