Thinking of getting a 2017-2022 Tahoe or Yukon. Should I be concerned about the possible suspension repair cost in the Premiere or the Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidt1x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a 2017-2022 Tahoe or Yukon. Should I be concerned about the possible suspension repair cost in the Premiere or the Denali? I had a few Mercedes in the past and suspension repairs were crushing.

OP
OP
S

schmidt1x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks- the Benz shocks were 1700 a piece and the pump 5500$ . This is my only experience with advanced suspension.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not near that expensive to replace. You can go to rock auto and spec out the prices.

OP
OP
S

schmidt1x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tahoe:Yukon- 6 sped transmission. Anyone have thoughts on transmission issues? I was just watching a video and the mechanic likes the Tahoe/Yukon as his top choice he mentioned however he sees transmission issues in his shop, especially with the 6 speed.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 speed is the best transmission to get. I have not seen on this forum or Cadillac forum any complaints about the 10 speed. The suspension to replace on the front is less than $1200 and the rear is the same. Usually around 60-100k they fail. If you get the GMPP then it will cover it. I recommend getting GMPP to protect up to 110k from GM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

schmidt1x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
10 speed is the best transmission to get. I have not see on this forum or Cadillac forum any complaints about the 10 speed. The suspension to replace on the front is less than $1200 and the rear is the same. Usually around 60-100k they fail. If you get the GMPP then it will cover it. I recommend getting GMPP to protect up to 110k from GM.
Thanks- how much does the gmpp usually run?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several listed on this forum that offer reduced pricing for GM warranty. Shop around as you can buy from any GM Dealer and the cost is based on how many months and mileage you decide on.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks- how much does the gmpp usually run?
James E Black Cadillac out of PA has the best price for it. You can also finance it. You need to make sure the truck is eligible which means it has to have less than 49k on it. I recommend getting it. I made the mistake by removing it from my contract and had lifted failure at 79k which costed me $3300 and the front struts $2400. You are buying a used truck so you don’t know if the previous owner used Dexo 1 oil and changed it at 5k. Even if they did the oil changes before the due mileage you still have a chance of it failing. They did update the vlom and lifters so I hope it doesn’t happen again. Don’t use a Range AFM since some members experienced issues. The best way is to do it right and change the litterers and cam to non dod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts