thinking of buying an 09 yukon xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
Also does anyone have pictures of the Escalade tail lights installed on these? I’m contemplating replacing the tail lights but I’m not sure if I’m going to.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was Rick Hendricks city Chevrolet in Charlotte North Carolina! They were awesome and very patient as I asked a ton of questions and was borderline a pain in the ass lol.

I did find an oil leak that appears to be coming from the plug (oil temp sensor location???) that’s on the passenger side of the oil pan about half way up. Going to pull it and seal it up and see if the leak goes away. Put it on the lift at work and checked everything and sprayed it off and added oil dye to check with a uv light to see where it’s coming from.

I also went to open the rear glass and one of the defrost contacts came off the defrost grid so if anyone has any solution for that that would be great lol

As for the headlights, those things are nice but a bit pricey. I had a set of LED headlight bulbs in my Tahoe that made a night and day different when driving at night. I may buy another pair of those to brighten the night driving a little

Frost Fighter comes highly recommended by many members: https://frostfighter.com/

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
There’s the glue repair kits or simply solder them back on. I’d do solder.

View attachment 390528
D0F0DA4B-C771-4DD5-A5B0-7BC79415F326.jpeg

While the pan is off replace the 99¢ Oil pump o ring that fails and starves the motor at the worst possible time.

The HDD Navi w/ 30 GB hard drive for music storage pauses live radio and has its XM tuner separate and behind the glove box door. Only the HDD & Escalade Navi accept the $69 A2DP music BT module. Bummer they just raised the price to $104

86AEC5FA-BDB0-48E6-9AC3-5C08905C71AE.jpeg
Expect to pay about $150 for 3 yr weather & XM live traffic report announcements. Unlimited XM best price is $99 for 3 years (after your free trial).

8B4E3CF7-A603-4D25-88A6-DECE72A35175.jpeg

Line in for iPod/ music and storage screen.

3EC8620D-92B6-45C7-ABAB-3226E68391FD.jpeg
The back up grid lines on the 11/12-14 HDD Navi units.

Did the truck come with vented front seats!

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
that video was very helpful! thanks man! will definitely be doing that in the near future. as for the oil leak i found that plug i was talking about in the side of the oil pan wasnt tightened. put a 17 on it and cranked her down and no more leak. and looking at your pictures of the hdd navi unit im pretty sure that is the same unit that is in mine so will definitely be doing that interface module you were talking about. and as for the seats yes it is heated and cooled seats which is awesome!

im thoroughly enjoying this thing. only issue is putting premium in it at 4.19 a gallon hurts lol but its the price you pay for something so nice lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec