Thinking of Buying a 07-14 NNBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoganN97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm new to chevy vehicles and want to know of I should be worried about anything with the tahoe I just bought the other day. It's a 2009 tahoe lt with a 5.3, with 160,000 miles, everything is stock and it seems to be in good shape. Is there anything I should be concerned about with the engine and that mileage or is it a good buy?

LoganN97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also is the AFM/DOD a problem? I don't mind replacing all those parts but if I don't have to spend the money and can use it on other repairs that'd be great.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'm new to chevy vehicles and want to know of I should be worried about anything with the tahoe I just bought the other day. It's a 2009 tahoe lt with a 5.3, with 160,000 miles, everything is stock and it seems to be in good shape. Is there anything I should be concerned about with the engine and that mileage or is it a good buy?
Welcome to the forum!

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also is the AFM/DOD a problem? I don't mind replacing all those parts but if I don't have to spend the money and can use it on other repairs that'd be great.

Not sure your budget?? but a DOD delete is $$$$ !!! First step I would get a Range disabler on Amazon

Once you go with DOD delete I would stick with Texas speed on camshaft/lifters

Dave

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep the oil changed every 5k and you should be fine. Disable it in the tune and the AFM lifters will last as long as regular lifters because they’re not being constantly engaged/disengaged.

I did a mechanical delete in my 2012 6.2 but it was only incidental as I wanted a bigger cam for towing.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I STRONGLEY recommend sticking with full synthetic motor oil with these LSX engines and our bi-polar weather across the country !!! Blend and Dino oil(if you can still find any) I would leave for the winter beaters out there lol

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Welcome, as always change belts and possibly plugs if you do not have any documented service history on them. This is about where the engine is "broken in" with a long service life left. As other has mentioned oil changes are very key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep