The GeoffSFAs10 Kinda sorta but not really Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look good, I like it... did you have the gauge face custom made or did you order it from somewhere?

Also, why is your DIC not lit up?... lol

I got it off ebay from Digital Dash Solutions. You cant see what they have currently because corna virus but they will be back. they make a bunch of OEM styled replacement faces. It was cheap if nothing else.

DIC isnt lit because I just went out and turned the parking lights on, no key in haha

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could have done the Escalade cluster swap. It’s a bit more difficult though.

View attachment 242923

Yeah theres more involved with that and to me its not worth the extra effort. I like the 6 gauge cluster better for whatever reason. I think it will look better once I swap LEDs ( which i will eventually do lets be honest :waytogo:)

Also looking at the escalade G4 styled LED taillights. the stock ones dont bother me much but i like the LED look better. I did find some stock look LED replacements but after looking at them more i dont like them. Guess Im gonna wait til the corona calms down in Cali a little before I order them since they all come from California

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also went super randomly and found a leather wrapped escalade shifter that happened to have an ebay coupon, and was the last one in stock so I bought that this morning...whoops. I think tint and the led tails will be the next steps before vacation.

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since everything is all covid delayed, i brought out my old friend plastidip and painters tape...both bowties are now black and i removed the stupid little 'LT' badges on the rear quarter behind the doors. Much better

full

Also today my esky shifter showed up and I tossed that in

full

Was a brand new in the box part, its excellent. The one I had in my NBS sierra had a crack in the chrome, not this time.

Next things on the list are G4 esky tails, tint and maybe a hitch closeout...I cant decide if I like those or not.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So since everything is all covid delayed, i brought out my old friend plastidip and painters tape...both bowties are now black and i removed the stupid little 'LT' badges on the rear quarter behind the doors. Much better

full

full

Was a brand new in the box part, its excellent. The one I had in my NBS sierra had a crack in the chrome, not this time.

Next things on the list are G4 esky tails, tint and maybe a hitch closeout...I cant decide if I like those or not.
I like your shifter better then mine.20190313_095343.jpg
I like the seam in the back better. What year is yours from?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

full

full

Escalade shifter looks great! Scored on a brand new part!

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your shifter better then mine.View attachment 243434
I like the seam in the back better. What year is yours from?

you know thats a great question, i was just refering to part numbers when i ordered it, this is part 25807853. Listing says its for 08+ so maybe the front seam was an 07 thing???

The one i had in my NBS was also front stitched but that didnt really bother me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts