the best car repair manual is......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyka1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not a Haynes, i bought one online with was a was of money and time. So my question to you all is was is thes best car repair manual out there, with good clear detailed info from changing wiper blades to overhauling engins and transmissions ?

I really need one badliy ?

I would rate the hanynes 4 / 10 , i need at least a 9 /10 manual if is such a thing ?

Dynamo

Reaction score
Helm service manuals are by far the best and the price reflects it. It's what dealers use since they are factory authorized. A complete set (book form) will be ~$100-$150. You might luck out and find a set on ebay for less.

IMO they are 10/10 since I haven't seen anything better.

www.helminc.com

OP
OP
zyka1

zyka1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks dynomo for the info
is this the one you are refering to:
2000 New Style Pickup Silverado/Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Sierra Service Manual

Price: $135.00

I could not find a picture.

I also found these:
2000 Chevy & GMC Repair Shop Manual Original Set Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon
$189.00
ataches is an image
also some people are selling CD's
i have no clue which is which
help me out here guys!!

Mike that for the advise but i am along way from home, im working oversea is the middle east and there is nothing here in the desert just a few back yard mechanic type hacks , I never tought i would have to do all my work on my car myself.

looking forward to the reply.

thanks is advance.

Attachments

• 2000GMCK8Set.jpg
    2000GMCK8Set.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 25

Dynamo

Reaction score
thanks dynomo for the info
is this the one you are refering to:
2000 New Style Pickup Silverado/Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Sierra Service Manual

Price: $135.00

I could not find a picture.

I also found these:
2000 Chevy & GMC Repair Shop Manual Original Set Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon
$189.00
ataches is an image
also some people are selling CD's
i have no clue which is which
help me out here guys!!

The $135 & $189 manuals you found are probably HELM manuals. They often come in several volumes for different sections of the vehicle.

The CD's on ebay are probably just copies of stuff like the Haynes manual but you never know. Years ago I bought a CD manual off of ebay for the 300ZX I had at the time and it was actually pdf files of the factory service manual that had been scanned in and organized.

OP
OP
zyka1

zyka1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Dynamo

Man If i could find a HELM workshop service Manual for Yukon 2000 5.3L on CD I would be over the moon !!

If anyone has one just lying around I would love to have it.

Thanks again.

naobe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hm I never thought about buying a car repair manual because to be honest I always use car servicing. I know that a friend of mine bought such a manual and I will definitely ask him which it is. As far as I can remember he is very satisfied with his manual.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just use Google if I ever need to research anything for the vehicles. I haven't bought a service manual in years as Google rarely lets me down :)

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 2003 Factory Service manual for about $200. Has every code, break down, wiring schematics...etc.....
If you consider how much labor mechanic charge for simple crap..it's Worth every cent!!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing I just thought of is you can check out most service manuals from the public library. Might be a better idea than forking out large amounts of money for one and just check it out on an as needed basis :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645