Which is best fuse to pull for anti-theft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D -money

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone hopefully I'm posting this in the correct forum.
I recently moved to an area where car theft is an issue and I was wondering if anybody could think of the best fuse under the hood to pull to disable the car so no one can steal it.
It would make me sick to lose my hoe.
Cheers

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they want it, and have access to lifting either end, fuse removal will not stop them.
Motion alarm comes to mine, defensive parking, area motion lighting, and then….something to prevent the perp from having the ability to run, stand up straight, or answer questions once the popo arrive. Latter choice is Glock.

OP
OP
D -money

D -money

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If they want it, and have access to lifting either end, fuse removal will not stop them.
Motion alarm comes to mine, defensive parking, area motion lighting, and then….something to prevent the perp from having the ability to run, stand up straight, or answer questions once the popo arrive. Latter choice is Glock.
Thanks for the advice however I live/cruise on a boat and the truck is Parked with about 500 other cars most of the cars have been jacked with ignition hot wire and that's why I want to do something easy like maybe fuse/relay that has something to do to start system.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a establishment in Cincinnati that has a parking lot which only offers “their customers “ 10 minutes free parking. Since the adjacent business is a well visited face food location, many times the wrong customers try to utilize an open parking space. Within 30 seconds of them walikng away from their ride, a tow company is backed up against it and 60 seconds later it’s gone. Could happen to your ride as well.

OP
OP
D -money

D -money

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought about the fuel pump relay I just don't want to mess up anything on my computer from what I can tell I've got a few more choices like ignition 1 ignition 2 crank fuel pump and starter relay

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make a club for the steering wheel? Anything to make it a bit difficult will help. And it's visible. Any thought about the cat. converter?

OP
OP
D -money

D -money

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do they make a club for the steering wheel? Anything to make it a bit difficult will help. And it's visible. Any thought about the cat. converter?
I chose the starter Relay mainly due to lack of focused audience. The clubs a good tool for a newbie theif, elsed picked with 2 paperclips in <2min. mAx .

Don't get me started on the cat that's a total separate bag of worms.
That's the second other major theft for this Marina the homeless close by and come out late at night like vampires with their Jacks and battery demo saws .Maybe a topic covered in another thread someplace?
They can have my cat but don't steal my hoe. I think aftermarkets aren't that expensive and I have access to a stick welder in a bay lift. And also a shoutout and welcome all thieves to Seattle..popo won't even chase or prosecute you!
WTF IS HAPPENING IN THIS CITY IS TOTAL BS.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose the starter Relay mainly due to lack of focused audience. The clubs a good tool for a newbie theif, elsed picked with 2 paperclips in <2min. mAx .

Don't get me started on the cat that's a total separate bag of worms.
That's the second other major theft for this Marina the homeless close by and come out late at night like vampires with their Jacks and battery demo saws .Maybe a topic covered in another thread someplace?
They can have my cat but don't steal my hoe. I think aftermarkets aren't that expensive and I have access to a stick welder in a bay lift. And also a shoutout and welcome all thieves to Seattle..popo won't even chase or prosecute you!
WTF IS HAPPENING IN THIS CITY IS TOTAL BS.
You're going to have a bad time welding exhaust with a stick welder - burns too hot.

Not a bad idea to preemptively swap a set of universals and sell your stock converters. GM set usually worth $150-300 depending on the numbers. Pays for the $70 to order a set of universals and the cost to have an exhaust shop install them.

I agree with the fuel pump relay. If it cranks but won't start, that's harder to diagnose. If it won't crank thats a more clear sign that some prevention is in place and the relay is the first place they'll look.

Personally, I'd run a switch into the glove box or center console to disconnect the fuel pump fuses so you aren't wearing out the fuse terminals. They can lose retention fairly quickly if pulled and reinstalled a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar