Test drove a 2023 Tahoe/Lost front driver side wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTPace500

Reaction score
Five pages, and I still can't believe this is a discussion. Why on earth would you want that vehicle? Build a '23 brand new and get it in 2 or less months.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all very much for your thoughts. He told my wife the lug nuts on every wheel were loose. Said someone must have tried to steal the tires and rims the night before. Also, he said it would not show up on carfax. They use an outside repair source. Said because no police report was done. This is a very small town dealership. They said no major damage . Super nice people at dealership but I just don’t feel comfortable buying it.
Does this sound right?
Dealer isn't wrong about the carfax. Accidents only show up when there is a police report. When I was hit by a distracted driver in my SRT I asked the body shop (VERY reputable shop) and they said it would show up on my carfax only because there was a police report.

That all said, I wouldn't buy that truck, but that's just me.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Five pages, and I still can't believe this is a discussion. Why on earth would you want that vehicle? Build a '23 brand new and get it in 2 or less months.
I agree with the first part of your statement but consider The wait is dependent upon dealer allocations.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealer isn't wrong about the carfax. Accidents only show up when there is a police report. When I was hit by a distracted driver in my SRT I asked the body shop (VERY reputable shop) and they said it would show up on my carfax only because there was a police report.

That all said, I wouldn't buy that truck, but that's just me.
this depends on if a claim was filed with insurance not just a police report, even if is not on a police report. Insurance companies share information
if you get into some form of accident and there is no police report and have it fixed at a shop without filing a claim, nobody knows, file a claim on it though and then it is on record.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and IMO, I would run not walk away from that vehicle. It is possessed. It should and will now have a crash/vehicle damage listed on CarFax.
only if they file a claim. no claim and it didn't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts