2023 Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metalgirl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought my RST in July 2023, after having a 2023 Tahoe LT for almost a year, loved my LT but wanted some of the things the RST had that my LT didn't. Now I am wishing I hadn't. I traveled to another state to purchase my new RST, noticed almost right away that it rode rough, seemed like maybe the tires were not balanced. I took it to Chevy after 500 miles, they checked everything & only performed an alignment & sent me home, Tahoe was still doing the same thing, they told me I needed to drive it to 1500 miles before they could do anything else, so I did. Took it back in, they called & told me it had 2 bad injectors, so both injectors replaced, they also replaced the driver side valve cover because oil was leaking into cylinder 5, which they found when inspected, they also replaced all 4 tires, saying they all had flat spots. Just got it Friday from these repairs but again, it still has the same vibration, as if the tires aren't balanced, that's the best way I know how to describe it.

Anyone know what they are missing? I feel like I am going crazy with this new RST & wish I had not made the change because my other 2023 drove so smooth.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe find another one to test drive. Perhaps the suspension is firmer than your used too?

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this thread as I’m looking to buy a 23 Tahoe RST performance model and I noticed it had the same vibration almost like the rear wheels did not have weights on the wheels. They replaced the tires and this still did not change the vibration
. The performance model uses the Firestone Firehawk pursuit tires which I’m kinda wondering if that may have something to do with it. If anybody can chime in that would be great, can’t spend $80K for a truck that shakes at highway speeds.

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this thread as I’m looking to buy a 23 Tahoe RST performance model and I noticed it had the same vibration almost like the rear wheels did not have weights on the wheels. They replaced the tires and this still did not change the vibration
. The performance model uses the Firestone Firehawk pursuit tires which I’m kinda wondering if that may have something to do with it. If anybody can chime in that would be great, can’t spend $80K for a truck that shakes at highway speeds.
I'd imagine if it's an rst performance edition it's the stiffer suspension and performance tires.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine if it's an rst performance edition it's the stiffer suspension and performance tires.
I think you are misunderstanding what me and Metalgirl are saying about vibration. I know since the truck is a performance model it will have slightly stiffer suspension however, it still does have magnaride. My dad has a 23 Yukon Denali and up until 72mph + his Denali and this Tahoe honestly ride 98% about the same which is smooth and quiet. I can tell on certain rough areas of the road the tahoe does have "slightly" stiffer suspension but stiff suspension and vibration are 2 different things. The only way I can explain it is to imagine if you took the wheel weights off your rear wheels today and went for a drive on the highway at 75mph+ and that's the vibration I'm talking about. It's coming from the rear of the truck and was shaking my leg and shirt, if you put your hand on the door panel it was shaking, almost like being in a massage chair:D It's definitely not normal, if GM is saying this is normal I need to completely quit buying any of their vehicles.

My dad also has a C8 Corvette so tires and suspension are going to be stiffer on that car vs his denali but I feel 0 vibration in that car and it rides and drives smooth.

Last edited:

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does a valve cover leak oil into the cylinder?

carortruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has the dealership looked at the transmission 10sp?
My 23 yukon has same vibration
Does it go away with putting the transmission in 9th, that will turn of dfm and rule out engine

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What rims do you have? The rims may not be true from the factory, causing the vibration. The corvette's had issues with rims being out of round from the factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts