Test drove a 2023 Tahoe/Lost front driver side wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much of a savings would be ok? 5000, maybe 10,000k?
a brand new car without issue is worth 10% less the minute it leaves the dealership lot? I’d want 15k off minimum and a bumper to bumper extended warranty before I’d even look at this vehicle knowing what happened.
eta I’d have an independent body shop look at that vehicle for frame damage too.
depends on if it gets reported to carfax or not, technicaly it is not a accident

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 17 Tahoe that I took in for a warped rear spoiler. No idea how it happened. My dads truck. Took it in. Insurance paid for damage. No accident reports. Insurance paid under collision coverage. One month later the same thing happened. No accident Same dealer fixed it under warranty.
It appeared on my carfax when I traded vehicle in.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will probably just fix it at the Dealership, never report the damage, and sell it for full price to some unsuspecting buyer.

this 100%.

worked at a dealership many moons ago and the sales manager wrecked a 2500 he was driving as a demo. They sold it to some unsuspecting guy never disclosing the damage. A few days later the guy showed up ticked offfff. Used car manager was able to calm him down and they ended up giving him about $2k in steps/tool boxes/etc to 1) defuse the situation and 2) so he wouldn't report it on the survey he hadn't received yet.

no telling how many times something like this gets fixed and sold with the buyer not knowing

Grandpalecea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No way she "pulled out" and went "one block" without hearing something or losing wheel right away, if had no lug nuts on it. It would have never been pulled out and parked without incident. What does the wheel look like. The stud closest to the caliper looks like it has remnants of lug nut pieces on it or wheel aluminum shavings.
What's the next thing to fall off?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments, went with a new Yukon SLT same color. Great advice everyone
Yea, as @Banks22 said, different dealer? What did the first dealer say when you told them your decision and what was the total offer they would make you to stay on the original deal. if you don't mind saying? Good luck with the new vehicle and post pics when you can.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon also came with the shipping wheels in place of the 22's, dealer wouldn't let me test drive it until new rims and tires were installed a few days later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660