Test drove a 2023 Tahoe/Lost front driver side wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
As others have stated, pass on this rig and look for another. Long term will be more of a hassle than what it's worth. Dealer is just feeding you BS

Ask the dealer if you can get their next allocation to make it right, since your gut is saying that car isn't the right one for you after that issue happened.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! What an adventure of a thread!

OK, so I totally agree that nothing will ever be 'factory' the same now on the driver front - mentally and physically with this truck. God looked out for you and set a road block in your path for a reason. Maybe it was because this would be a POS it's whole life. Or, maybe it was because there is something else you are meant to purchase for unknown reasons. Or, maybe he knows your financial situation and is giving you a discount on something needed for your family.

Either way, you can walk away from it and get a different widget that was made from the same factory. Or, play hardball since you have photo evidence of a poor PDI (pre delivery inspection) that they are responsible for. Go for the throat and get a sweet discount after it's repaired. They know they are F'd, so make it worth YOUR while.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with B above, ask for A LOT of financial concessions, play hardball with the Dealer, and just walk away if you don't feel good about the whole deal. My first reaction was to just walk away, but hey, if you can get something from this dealer then go for it.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In your mind this vehicle will never be “right” fixed or not. It would be one thing if you owned it and this happened and you fixed it. It’s something entirely different now.
It’s not like a puppy from the pound that will love you forever because you saved from the pound.
This is one that will have behavioral issues

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol the wheel came off people, get the deal and savor it. doesn't have any other meaning. It's a opportunity to save money on a new vehicle
I guess maybe if you have oodles of money falling out of your pockets it might be a pass but for someone like me who is poor that would be a salvation for me, no one is ever going to know while I am driving down the road.
I remember many many years ago I wanted a "newer" car and kept searching and searching and searching for the right deal then it poped up a "salvage" title for $16,000
guess what that was dam near every penny I had to my name, I went and looked at it, couldn't find even a blemish so I bought it. drove that thing to the levy....was not a dam thing wrong with it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you do end up getting this vehicle, get drastic price concessions and a long extended warranty that starts after the bumper to bumper warranty is done.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol the wheel came off people, get the deal and savor it. doesn't have any other meaning. It's a opportunity to save money on a new vehicle
I guess maybe if you have oodles of money falling out of your pockets it might be a pass but for someone like me who is poor that would be a salvation for me, no one is ever going to know while I am driving down the road.
I remember many many years ago I wanted a "newer" car and kept searching and searching and searching for the right deal then it poped up a "salvage" title for $16,000
guess what that was dam near every penny I had to my name, I went and looked at it, couldn't find even a blemish so I bought it. drove that thing to the levy....was not a dam thing wrong with it.
How much of a savings would be ok? 5000, maybe 10,000k?
a brand new car without issue is worth 10% less the minute it leaves the dealership lot? I’d want 15k off minimum and a bumper to bumper extended warranty before I’d even look at this vehicle knowing what happened.
eta I’d have an independent body shop look at that vehicle for frame damage too.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d have an independent body shop look at that vehicle for frame damage too.

Or just don't go through with marrying Bridezilla after you've already had cold feet and experienced her other side. How many red flags does one need?

It's not a matter if the car can be 100% and perfectly restored or not. It's who's gonna suffer the consequences if it is not. The OP doesn't owe the dealer anything. Buying these things is risky enough without adding a collision repair to the history.

If the dealer did come off $10K-$15K with all warranties, etc., THEN maybe I'd look at it as the Universe smiling upon me. Coming outta the gate with positive equity, I'd flip it ASAP. But, the dealer isn't gonna do that so it's pointless to ponder.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019