Tech2 and SPS2 programing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
sounds like you have something I'm not used to seeing. my 08 and 14 gm with keyless entry have a fob with a hidden key. so programming the key, is programing the fob. I just checked and my 14 car can program the fob/key using the drivers door keyhole method.

do you have a separate key with a chip and a fob. both needing pergammed? my software doesn't really explain that well, but if so...maybe it's part of the mobilizer module? either way, I don't know with the way scanners are these days, they show different stuff for different vehicles they are plugged into. so unless you find someone with first hand experience, it would be hard to say what would work.

this would, since it does connect to both of the official gm softwares. but you'll have to pay the subscription price to use it. maybe that cracked nanox would be better?
Yup, seperate key and fob.

Left is 2012 Yukon Denali key and fob
Right is 2015 Acadia Denali key and fob

We've only had the Acadia for not even 2 years yet and I'm wanting to get a diagnostic tool with two way communication for it. I have an OBDLink MX+ and Torque Pro app I can pull trouble codes with and see a lot of data, but I want a "Tech2" type of equivalent hardware to be able to use on it when needed.

20240223_150715.jpg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh, I was thinking they had all gone keyless entry by 2015. it's the one thing my wife hates about the 11 yukon is the old school fob and key.

yeah I have no idea where you can find a hand held scanner that does what the tech 2 stand alone for under 500$.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a techline note, I looked and the laptop I was using had 6 gig of ram, they recommend 8 gig atleast. might be why it failed often.

but in the end I was able to update 4 modules that had newer software for them. so it worked, it's just a headache. need to drag a home pc into the garage haha.

now to license the yukon next.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is having all the modules run just a time thing? like load it up and wait awhile?

I honestly don't know what this laptop has for power. my tuning laptop is a old windows 7 thing, and I am scared to update hptuners since they keep removing function as the epa cracks down on them. so the newer updates the worst that gets haha. I let it hpt update a few years back and lost a few definitions I really needed for a e38 ecm. Googled around like wtf. had to use a restore point to get it back so from then on hpt isn't getting touched and I'm worried updating the os would force me to.

so I just used one laying around at work that isn't locked down and corporate walled in. Lucky it had windows 10 on it.
I haven't used it to programm in a minute but ya when you install it there can be multiple pop-ups for more installs so I just do 1 at a time untill they are all installed it can depend on what you are going to do with it some parts can be skipped, some of the installs take a good while so you just have to wait for each finish and go on to the next one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was curious, so I looked it up in my software. this is for a 2015 with a 3.6. not sure which you have but might be all the same. looks to me like you can add a key or program all new keys without a scanner using the 30min method, using the 10min it does say use techline terminal and sps. which is what I used to flash the modules, so this dongle would probably do it. but I'd try the longer free way first.

a subscription to software, like a DIY all-data would be money better spent.
key's only take 30 minutes if you lost all of them
if you have 1 working key on a 07-14 you can add key's in seconds
if you have 2 working keys on 2015-2020 you can add more also in seconds, actually they bumped up the security in 2018 so 15-17 might only take 1 key not sure.
fob's are another story......

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, seperate key and fob.

Left is 2012 Yukon Denali key and fob
Right is 2015 Acadia Denali key and fob

We've only had the Acadia for not even 2 years yet and I'm wanting to get a diagnostic tool with two way communication for it. I have an OBDLink MX+ and Torque Pro app I can pull trouble codes with and see a lot of data, but I want a "Tech2" type of equivalent hardware to be able to use on it when needed.

View attachment 422105

so I know this thread hss gone off topic but I did find this.

so I've got this little topscan Bluetooth reader I picked up, I really like it actually. I use it a lot at work over the crazy priced oem stuff we have.

so anyways, it had a coverage tab in the app, you can input your car/truck and it will show you what it can do. now I have the 50$ lite version and it doesn't show remote stuff for a 2015 acadia but if I change the drop down box to the pro immo onr. it brings up this.

Screenshot_20240223-201401.png

now since Amazon doesn't list this pro version, you'd have to buy it from them with no real guarantee it would do it and probably not a easy return. be worth sending them an email to confirm it's the fob and not the easier key.

Screenshot_20240223-201909.png

I find it super handy so I'll probably renew mine in a year but the only real downside is since it's app based it comes with a years access, after a year they want you to update the subscription, which sadly is the same price as the dongle. I'm not sure if the app doesn't works at all, or if it just stops updating. so I don't know if it's something you want to deal with. the clone tech 2 is nice cause it just lays there and then works the same when you need it no matter what.

but I do find it super handy but I also use it about once a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne