Tech2 and SPS2 programing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am an owner of a Tech2 diagnostic tool and after countless hours of trying to get the unit to serve as a pass through, I began reading and researching why the GM SPS site would not working with the tool. After reading on several sites, including our own, I learned that GM had changed the site and using the Tech2 was no longer on option without contacting GM support. My understanding was the after going through troubleshooting, GM would grant a single day pass to the legacy SPS site.

I began looking for an alternative and found references to using a VCI (MDI Clone) device-such as VXDIAG VCX Nano. I purchase one from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K2SXY79?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) which presented a whole new set of challenges with setup. The software that comes with the unit lacks any direction, doesnt seem to work out of the box with what is provided, and kept killing the Techline Connect app. After taking to the web and a lot of trial and error - I was able figure out how to setup the VCX Nano and make it work with the SPS2 website (I can see my Tahoe's systems now)

First thing - download VX manager from here and install - be sure to select GM option (see pic) https://mega.nz/file/udohRDTb#xrt4ui1A2yh0GnOWHPmm2jsAdD7PU3G7vcU2K3tCtYAVX_GMOption.PNG

Complete the install using the default settings. Before installing the Diag modules - install TLC (version 1.14.0.1 or most current) which is the Techline Connect suite from ACDelco TDS. You must have an account which is $45 per VIN to get into the SPS2 services website. Once the TLC suite is installed, go back to the VX Manager application previously installed and go to the Diagnostics tab (ensure the VCX Nano is connected to your computer via supplied USB cable) and install the following tools.
VX_Diags.PNG

Once these app have been installed, log back into acdelcotds.com website, add vin, and launch techline connect via webpage. The SPS2 site will now see your VCX Nano as a GM MDI device which allows communication with your vehicle systems. As you can see in the pic below - the device is detected as a J2534 Bosch MDI device.
MDI_Tool.PNG

Hope this show and tell helps others having issues with the Tech2 and the Techline Connect website.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
done

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am an owner of a Tech2 diagnostic tool and after countless hours of trying to get the unit to serve as a pass through, I began reading and researching why the GM SPS site would not working with the tool. After reading on several sites, including our own, I learned that GM had changed the site and using the Tech2 was no longer on option without contacting GM support. My understanding was the after going through troubleshooting, GM would grant a single day pass to the legacy SPS site.

I began looking for an alternative and found references to using a VCI (MDI Clone) device-such as VXDIAG VCX Nano. I purchase one from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K2SXY79?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) which presented a whole new set of challenges with setup. The software that comes with the unit lacks any direction, doesnt seem to work out of the box with what is provided, and kept killing the Techline Connect app. After taking to the web and a lot of trial and error - I was able figure out how to setup the VCX Nano and make it work with the SPS2 website (I can see my Tahoe's systems now)

First thing - download VX manager from here and install - be sure to select GM option (see pic) https://mega.nz/file/udohRDTb#xrt4ui1A2yh0GnOWHPmm2jsAdD7PU3G7vcU2K3tCtYAView attachment 377461

Complete the install using the default settings. Before installing the Diag modules - install TLC (version 1.14.0.1 or most current) which is the Techline Connect suite from ACDelco TDS. You must have an account which is $45 per VIN to get into the SPS2 services website. Once the TLC suite is installed, go back to the VX Manager application previously installed and go to the Diagnostics tab (ensure the VCX Nano is connected to your computer via supplied USB cable) and install the following tools.
View attachment 377462

Once these app have been installed, log back into acdelcotds.com website, add vin, and launch techline connect via webpage. The SPS2 site will now see your VCX Nano as a GM MDI device which allows communication with your vehicle systems. As you can see in the pic below - the device is detected as a J2534 Bosch MDI device.
View attachment 377463

Hope this show and tell helps others having issues with the Tech2 and the Techline Connect website.
Nice work! Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Reaction score
Is this VCX nano device capable of doing the standalone actions the Tech2 does, or only the pass thru programming?

OP
OP
Fubar0715

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this VCX nano device capable of doing the standalone actions the Tech2 does, or only the pass thru programming?
Looks like pass through (acts as the MDI device) with SPS2 system currently in play from ACDELCOTDS.com Since I kept hearing that Tech2 passthrough was being phased out or issues connecting needing customer support to work, felt we needed a documented process to continue to use the programing site.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the vcx manager must be running in the background for this to work (pretty sure anyway) unless something has changed

Reaction score
Looks like pass through (acts as the MDI device) with SPS2 system currently in play from ACDELCOTDS.com Since I kept hearing that Tech2 passthrough was being phased out or issues connecting needing customer support to work, felt we needed a documented process to continue to use the programing site.
So you'll still need both devices? This vcx to do programming and the Tech2 to troubleshoot and read sensors etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972

Latest posts