Tech 2, MDI, Tis2000, AcDelcoTDS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
slowride77

slowride77

Reaction score
Ok. Follow up or update I guess you would call it. I ordered and received my Tech 2. Seems to work exactly as it should. No issues. I did find that I have some updates to BCMs that I could download. I’m not sure that I will. I do want to download the automatic lock door cancel calibration. I need a longer cable to do so from my desktop.

I can just get a CAT5, 6, or 7 cable with RJ45 connector that is long enough to reach? Correct. I know usb doesn’t go that far. I need about 50 feet.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok. Follow up or update I guess you would call it. I ordered and received my Tech 2. Seems to work exactly as it should. No issues. I did find that I have some updates to BCMs that I could download. I’m not sure that I will. I do want to download the automatic lock door cancel calibration. I need a longer cable to do so from my desktop.

I can just get a CAT5, 6, or 7 cable with RJ45 connector that is long enough to reach? Correct. I know usb doesn’t go that far. I need about 50 feet.

Yes on Cat5 or better for that connection, replacing the flat ribbon cable.

Trilla_one

Reaction score
I'm at the point now where i'm considering ordering one of these. I've already spent hundreds on chasing gremlins in my 07 Tahoe(230k) at local repair shops. The latest is an intermittent hard start where it will crank for a few seconds then may or may not start. Most recent codes being thrown are evap leak and knock sensor low voltage. Brought it to a repair shop a few weeks ago for the starting issue and all they found wrong were misfire on a few cylinders. They took care of that and said they didn't see anything else wrong. A few weeks later I had the same starting issue. My tach started acting funny as well and would read high rpms not corresponding to what the engine was doing. That went away after a day and is now back to normal.

I saw a video that says the crank position sensor could be causing the starting issue but I dont want to waste money guessing anymore. These are the 2 links I found for the tech 2. Checking to see if anyone can confirm if they are legit and if this tool will actually help me really figure out what's going on with the truck. Also is there a learning curve to figuring out how this works? Thanks