Tech 2/Candi unit does not connect to 2001 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rv8pilot

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Been off the forum for a while due to move to NM, house search, house rework, etc., etc. I recently picked up a Tech 2 clone with Candi module and the various cables and connectors. It lights up on both vehicle and house power and passes all self-tests for the Candi module and the Tech 2 so I think its working correctly. I have tried loading the accompanying software on a Win 10 PC and also on an old, slow Dell XP box since I read that XP was the OS du jour for the Tech 2. The XP box seemed to get further in the process but failed because it couldn't "decompress files" or similar wording. The Win 10 box wanted to load an old Internet Explorer, 4.10 something, and it would not load.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that the software is not necessary as the T 2 will diagnose without it, you only need the software for reprogramming. However when I connect up the T 2 in the Yukon it starts up along with the Candi module but at some point says it can't connect to the vehicle. I have tried everything I can think of but no joy. I have an older Launch OBD 2 that connects and works fine except for its inherent limitations. I believe there are other threads on the Tech 2 but I have not been able to find any help with this issue.

Any ideas are welcome,

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish