Teak/light Shale interior - keeping clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dez78n

Reaction score
I don't have this teak shade but my current car (2018 Honda odyssey elite) has the light gray leather and omg it's the worst. We had the stuff put on it when we bought it to protect the leather from stains, I've wiped it down regularly. But the drivers seat has a blue stain all over it from my jeans. The rest of the seats aren't horrible, even with 2 kids, or at least the leather parts aren't bad. In between the seats in the 2nd row, the sides are cloth and those have some stains, and the creases of the seats where the latch connectors are there are some stains bc thats cloth. Thankfully the carpet in it is black. If I ever manage to get the Yukon I ordered, It has the black interior for this very reason.

MAYukoner

Reaction score
Well today went in for an oil change.
Get in car after and seat is brown. Legit brown. Swamp ass mechanic stained it while backing it out of the shop.

came right off with some of my stuff at home. Good as new. Lesson learned towel on seat next time there.

MAYukoner

Reaction score
@MAYukoner did you apply any treatment/protectant to the seats prior to this happening ?
I did. When it was ceramic coated I had them do that. Sprayed it with some Griots interior detailer I have and it came off instantly. Was quite relieved but also happy to see how easily things are coming off.

have had some other minor marks on them. Same thing. Comes right off. Very happy

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Anybody have theirs over a year and able to give any additional feedback with this interior ?

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Anybody have some additional feedback after having some decent time owning one and dealing with any winter weather that might effect things ?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has an "Oyster" (Light gray) interior on her JAG and in the 4 years we've owned it, there is a decided difference between her seat and the unused passenger seat. I clean and condition it all the time with Lexol leather products... But there is no getting around the fact that if you have a light interior, at some point along the line, you will notice fabric transfer and general wear and tear more than with dark colors....
As boring as it is, I always stick with black interiors. They just hold up the best and can take whatever kids, dogs, and uncaring adults can throw at them...

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is a great article, and kind of matches my 1500 mile experience in my Light Shale Denali..get a little blue jean dye transfer on the left side of the drive seat (getting in and out, and I wear blue jeans every day). So far, wipes right off with a damp micro fiber cloth and then a dry...do this about weekly and seems to be no big deal. Havent even needed the simple-green recommends yet.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, now at 2500 miles. For me, a light wipedown w/ a damp rag (H2O Only) seems to take any buildup off for now. Been doing this about 1x a week on driver seat, less frequent on passenger and rear seats since they see less use...still looks new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE