Teak/light Shale interior - keeping clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Tylenda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to piece together a build and while this color interior looks fantastic on the denali, I would imagine it is a little challenging to keep looking clean all the time and possibly going to show stains a little easier than the black interior?

Anybody have some first hand experience after having the teak interior option after a couple months ?

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to piece together a build and while this color interior looks fantastic on the denali, I would imagine it is a little challenging to keep looking clean all the time and possibly going to show stains a little easier than the black interior?

Anybody have some first hand experience after having the teak interior option after a couple months ?

The one we test drove at the dealership had the light interior ... looked great! But, the one we test drove was already dirty -- you could see everything. Being in Texas, I could def see blue jeans staining the lighter leather with all the heat.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the whole reason I went with black interior......unless you are a clean freak and have no kids or pets forget about keeping it in nice condition at least in the long run

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did manage to keep some of my lighter color interior vehicles clean-ish, the carpet sadly is one thing that will stain up over time

sheltn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious about this as well. I have three little kids but really want the light interior (have black now and don’t like it)

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, if you chuck stuff in the back like mulch or topsoil or who knows what or some thing breaks open and spills.....

Believe me, I like the looks of a light interior too, but the real life practicality of it just doesn't add up. If you use this vehicle for what it's meant to be used for... People and cargo....
light interior and carpets are just going to pay the price....

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the slate interior in my SLT. Had it over 6 months now and do notice that it gets a slight discoloration on driver seat from sliding in/out; which can be removed. As long as you wipe it down periodically you shouldn't have any issues. I use a damp shammy to wipe the interior down pretty much weekly. I have 3 kids as well, which is why I wipe it down so much.

Eplion1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same fears keeping clean with two rug rats but couldn't pass up the teak. Those light shale seats with the dark brown piping look so good. Going to have a local detail shop treat with some preventative sealant.

43E069FA-3536-495A-ADC1-57BB93FD96FF.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Chris Tylenda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long have you currently owned it to notice any dirt discoloration/ buildup? Keep us posted with feedback on the product with the detail shop uses as well.