Taking 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m taking The grey Beast to the dealership and have a few questions for the dealer/sales people. It has 147 thousand mi on it and I’m pleasantly surprised how clean and how well it works. Mind you it’s only week one. My vehicle is a 2011 Chevy Tahoe z-71 4x4. I’m not new to vehicle maintenance but I was wondering what some of you would ask oif you were in my shoes?

I have a list compiled and won’t post them (Take to long). However the obvious recalls is where I would start. I would ask the dealer to check the vehicle out and if they are going to do tests for money I’d like to know what’s fair. I’ve had sales people. Tell me if you “don’t that then this” will happen. In other words not here to get every thing fixed. Just want a diagnostic of my cars shap. If not them I’ll find someone who can.

Thank you.

Ken

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m taking The grey Beast to the dealership and have a few questions for the dealer/sales people. It has 147 thousand mi on it and I’m pleasantly surprised how clean and how well it works. Mind you it’s only week one. My vehicle is a 2011 Chevy Tahoe z-71 4x4. I’m not new to vehicle maintenance but I was wondering what some of you would ask oif you were in my shoes?

I have a list compiled and won’t post them (Take to long). However the obvious recalls is where I would start. I would ask the dealer to check the vehicle out and if they are going to do tests for money I’d like to know what’s fair. I’ve had sales people. Tell me if you “don’t that then this” will happen. In other words not here to get every thing fixed. Just want a diagnostic of my cars shap. If not them I’ll find someone who can.

Thank you.

Ken

Well, they'll want to change all the fluids, brake, power steering, coolant, differentials, transfer case and transmission.

Check the condition of the transmission and engine oil cooler lines. Sweating and weeping is ok, leaking is not, change immediately.

Exhaust manifold bolts and driver's side engine mount. Check for valve cover leaks.

Have the plugs and wires been changed?

Are the end links for the front sway bar still intact? Not likely!

Generally speaking, at about 150K is when the suspension and steering components are due for replacement. All of them, control arms, struts, springs, tie rods, etc.

If this truck is a keeper, get a Tech-2. At the very least when something goes wrong, you can find out what the problem is quickly and decide whether to fix it yourself or not. The Tech-2 is the dealer level scan tool these cars were designed around.

The Tech-2 can query every module and pull up any active and historical codes, whether it was for a previous misfire, a bad temperature actuator or even a mirror motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low