Tahoe PPV (police package)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I need help for lifting a 2010 TAHOE 2WD ppv looking to lift little more that stock height, thanks

...Do you mean lifting it to a little more than stock PPV height, or stock LT height? The PPV is 2 inches lower in the back, and 1 inch lower in the front than a standard Tahoe.

edmundo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
...Do you mean lifting it to a little more than stock PPV height, or stock LT height? The PPV is 2 inches lower in the back, and 1 inch lower in the front than a standard Tahoe.

Well I dont know what I need for put'it on stock height my opion was like just new struts and stuck length sway bar link .

but I saw the RC 3.5" suspension lift kit and comes with:
(FRONT Upper strut spacers , Upper control arms , Upper MOOG ball joints )
(REAR Coil spring spacers , Lower shock relocation brackets , Extended sway-bar links) maybe this is a better option to run 285 or 295 tires of course add monroe struts

OR maybe another option is adding rancho quicklift & stuck length sway bar link

i'm assuming that ppv option only affect on the struts

Reaction score
You'd need Standard LT length front struts and rear shocks/springs to install that stuff. They're counting on the car already being at the standard ride height to achieve the 3.5" lift. If you used that kit with your current PPV shocks and springs, you'd get 1.5" over factory in the back, and 2.5" over factory ride height in the front.

PPV Sway Bar End Links are the same as the standard LT.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
The bumper height on my SSV seems to be the same as every other Tahoe/Yukon with stock tires.
As far as the power train, it's stock as well. The Computer has some uniqueness to it though. You can't flash the lights or blip the horn from the key fob and the auto setting on the headlights is disabled. The dealer wasn't able to change this. I'm good with that though.

Reaction score
The bumper height on my SSV seems to be the same as every other Tahoe/Yukon with stock tires.
As far as the power train, it's stock as well. The Computer has some uniqueness to it though. You can't flash the lights or blip the horn from the key fob and the auto setting on the headlights is disabled. The dealer wasn't able to change this. I'm good with that though.

It APPEARS to be the same, becuase we have smaller tires than the standard LT...which makes it deceiving to the eye.

If you actually get a tape measurer and measure ground to top of the wheel well, you'll see a 1" difference in the front and 2" in the back on LT vs PPV.

Power train more or less the same but the PPV has bigger brakes, locking diff, different gearing in the diff to allow it to get to 140 mph, and automatic high idle. Different springs and shocks and beefier sway bars as well. Might also have a higher output alternator, I don't remember. On the electrical side, it has the option for 2 batteries from the factory, as well as the auto headlights and alarm audio/visual notifications disabled. You also have the option to disable the daytime running lights. Unfortunately, you CANNOT fully disable the traction/stability control on the PPV without pulling the ABS fuse, so no burnouts :(

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Yes it lowered and has shorter tires because it is pursuit rated, the SSV is not pursuit rated and has has stock power and drive train as well as 4wd and the tow package. I'm not sure which shocks , have on the but it does ride a bit more "crisply" than my buddy's Tahoe. He's got got same size tires and ride height. Put in a parking lot with ten other Tahoe's and aside from the lack of door trim and the antennas on top it will blend perfectly.

Last edited:

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other then the obvious 2 speed transfer case the only real big differences in the 2wd and 4wd models is the 2wd model has V-rated tires and a top speed of 139 mph
the 4wd model has a top speed of 121 mph they both have rear locking diffs 3.08 axle ratios the suspension is the same

isellpower

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I thought SSV and PPV also had the wonky window and lock control that could only be operated from the drivers seat.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
On both models the front doors and windows are operational. The rear window switches are dummy switches. I found a couple on ebay pretty cheap. The wiring harness is still there, just pull the panel and pop them in place. On the rear doors the door handle linkage is removed as well. I had to get those from the dealer, just one piece per side. Easy install. I think it was about 8 bucks each.
Both rear doors and windows are fully functional now.

One other thing I ran into on the rear was that although they put in the original (still new) back seat, there were no seat belts. LOL. What I found was that they were installed at the factory but were left behind the side pillar covers, still neatly zip tied. This was because they put in the prisoner cage and partitions at wherever agency they wind up at. All I had to do was order the anchor bolts(which are special bolts, don't use standard bolts). Again, easy and surprising fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19